“Great new hotel”

Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I booked this hotel through Holiday Inn website. I noticed that it was newer and a great price. Check-in was quick and pleasant. Hotel is extremely clean and quiet. Room and bathroon + kitchen was same. I stayed one night for business, Comfortable bed also. Would recommend this to anyone in area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2010

The staff was awesome and very helpful. The room felt like a studio with all the comforts of home. There was a miniture kitchen with all the comforts of home; to include dishes, pots, pans, dishwasher, refrigerator and sink. The location was perfect, close to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, to the Baltimore Harbor and BWI.

Hats off to Roxanne and Shirley for their assistance and allowing our family to feel at home. We had a total of five rooms and all our family members were extremely pleased by the professionalism and service provided by the entire staff. Highly recommend this hotel (Bel Air) to all that are looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2009

As a clinical pharmacist providing temporary and consulting services to hospitals for weeks at a time, my sense of quality and attention to detail is quite high. My weeks of stay at Candlewood Suites at Bel Air, Maryland was a most pleasant experience. Candlewood Suites is very conveniently located off I-95 and very close to a variety of local shopping outlets. My studio suite was spacious, well appointed furniture, decor, and kitchenette. The suite had a very responsive connection with Wi-Fi internet through which I did a lot of my medication therapy information research. The staff were very competent, cordial, accomodating, and well.....just down right great! Other stuff: outside gazebo with charcoal grills, ample parking, and a little pond out back with the occasional deer visiting the area. I have had the most pleasant, comfortable stay. Many kudos to the staff and management of Candlewood Suites. Nope, a free room did not come with this testimonial, LOL !! Tom R

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, quiet, had a nice real kitchen with plates, utensils, stove, dishwasher, etc. If someone was planning to stay long time, this would be great. Hotel had a nice fitness room, and also free washer and dryers. Rooms were quiet, homey and had a nice work area. Beds were also very comfortable. The only small issues was that I kept losing the wi-fi internet connection, (not a big deal, could reconnect right away) and they did not offer a free breakfast, they did however have free coffee 24 hours a day, and a nice pantry with reasonable prices and selection. This hotel is perfect for the long term guest. Staff were all nice as well. A good experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Very friendly and accomodating staff from the phone reservation with Al to the check in with Will. Even our cleaning lady was wonderful! The room was very clean; comfy king-sized bed, but the sofa bed was not. Nice, fluffy towels and I didn't even have to bring paper towels and dishwashing soap as they were provided. Very convenient location and near several eateries including Cracker Barrel. Our team cooked out at the gazebo where there were two gas grills, seating, lights and even a bit of a grassy area for our kids to run around in. They also even have a convenience store that came in very handy. We will definitely come back and hope the other Candlewoods also have the great customer service we experienced.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I'll agree with some other reviews that it is a nice hotel, being new and modern decor. When I made my reservations about 2 months ago, I booked a 1 bedroom (2 queen beds) suite. Upon checking in they didn't have any of those rooms left due to a large wedding booking up the hotel. I was not happy to say the least. Then there was a shortage on housekeeping and I kept getting a different response as to what kind of room I would get. First they could give me the suite that had smoking. I said no, I want a non-smoking room, and then they had a 1 double bed and could give me a roll away. Not happy about that at all. I ended up with a standard room with the double bed and a roll away for my 4 yr to sleep on. Although the staff was apologetic I wasn't thrilled about the situation. Why make a reservations and then not have the room I requested. They did knock $20.00 dollars off which was nice, but I don't think I'll stay at another candlewood again. Also, the walls are paper thin. I could here the people next to me as if they were in my room and they were not being loud. The room was nice, and the location is not bad off of 95, but make sure you get what you booked for. There are to many other options around there and Baltimore to pick this place again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed for 3 nights and was very impressed with this hotel. It's a new hotel so it has modern decor, comfy bed, large suite rooms, full size closets, and was very reasonably priced for the area. Housekeeping does not come in daily since this is an extended stay, but you can change out linens and towels at the front desk. There is a grocery store, restaurants /fast food, and a bank within walking distance. We took a nice walk to the grocery store but be warned there are no sidewalks. Freeway access is about a minute away. The staff was very friendly and even looked up rental cars for us. The only thing I can say negative is that the walls were a tad on the thin side and we could hear the children next door and people in the hall. So if you're going for a romantic getaway this isn't the place. On the plus side if you have food allergies as I do and eating out is not much of a possibility, or you just like to cook for yourself while traveling, the kitchen is stocked with nice pans and utensils. There is also a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, convection/microwave and a "store" downstairs that is open 24 hours with your room key. The exercise room has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, and weight gym. Wireless internet is a little slow, free laundry facilities and a grill as well. If you are traveling to aberdeen proving grounds it's only about 10 minutes away. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South

Been to Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air? Share your experiences!