Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
New York City, New York
“Dirty!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The night desk girl was not very friendly when I checked in barely said two words to me. The room was a lot smaller than other candlewoods I have stayed at in the past. There was a ball of hair on the floor and hairs all over the bed comforter and sheets and bathroom floor. It was quite disgusting if it had not been so late when I checked in I would have left. The next day the maids were knocking on the door at 8am in the morning it was ridiculous. I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are so very sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We strive to provide a friendly and clean environment for all of our guests. What you experienced is not the norm for us. We take all comments and reviews very serious and see each as an opportunity to better serve our guests. We would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us to provide a little more information about your experience and allow us a chance to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Felt as close to being home when really being 1000+ miles from home. Real homemade scratch cookies waiting for me after work! Although they don't have a free breakfast, (who likes powered eggs anyway) I arrived on a Weds and a staff member Erica? greeted me by lobby and invited me to the weekly guest appreciation dinner and I ended up winning a 25 $ gift card to local food store bc I gave them my business card! Breakfast for the week! Had a wonderful time and I would recommended Candlewood Suites to anyone traveling to Aberdeen area. I will be back and bringing colleagues. Thanks Erica and Steven!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank wickedpetes
Stephen L, Operations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you! Thanks for sharing those kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to win that gift card! We do our best to make everyone feel at home no matter how far from home they may be. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in the near future.
Stedman, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a typical extended stay hotel, so if you are looking for daily maid service this may not be for you. This was our 3rd visit to this hotel in the last 12 months. We often visit family in the area and the Candlewood has been our continuing choice. We travel with two small dogs and the hotel is very pet friendly. They have a large dog walk area at the end of the hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. On Wed they put on a cookout in a covered area outside the hotel. It is convenient a Cracker Barrel, several fast food outlets, and a grocery shopping plaza.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BobM28391
We are glad that you continue to stay with us on your visits to the area and bring your pets with you. We love animals! We look forward to seeing you again.
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I started working at APG at the end of Feb and have stayed at this hotel Mon-Thru nights for 17 weeks. The staff is the BEST. I am always greeted with a smile, and they are always ready with my check in and out paperwork. They don't clean daily, which is great. Saves on the cost of the room, which is why the rate is GREAT. One week, I need the room cleaned, and it was not a problem. This is a nice, clean hotel with great room amenities (frig w/ ice maker, stove, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, BBQ, ...) The weekly social on the patio is really nice. Having to be away from home was hard, but staying at Candlewood Suites made it doable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SMB0523
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us every week for the past 17 weeks. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and will miss you!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I only stayed in this hotel for a couple nights. They don't clean your room unless you stay more than a week, but you can go to the front desk if you want new towels. That's fine with me! I don't need someone to make my bed every day. The front desk staff was very polite. The rooms are very clean. They do have a stink bug problem. I only saw a few during my stay, but what place won't you see stinkbugs anymore?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank liz h
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were kind enough to post a review here. Also, thank you for your understanding of our unwanted visitors. We continue to battle them, but it is tough to eliminate them completely as they have taken over the region. We will do our best to provide clean rooms and a friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is clean. One of the nicest candlewood locations I've ever stayed at. But the front desk person working at night was rude. Sorry but all the amenities in the world doesn't make up for poor customer service. There are plenty of other hotels in that area to patronize. I won't go back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank MrD0c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear MrD0c,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are pleased to read you found the hotel nice and clean, but regret the level of service received was less than satisfactory. We are confident the hotel will continue working with their staff to improve the level of service offered for future guests or your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights while attending a conference in the area. I arrived early and was able to check in. The room was a studio and had a queen sized bed and a kitchenette. Very comfortable and clean. The staff was super nice and I was able to get an additional night after I'd checked out (got sick before I drove home) and they extended the same rate to me!

There is a Cracker Barrel very close to the hotel and several other dining and shopping options within less than 5 minutes. The hotel is conveniently located off I-95 about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

I usually stay at Marriott brands, but I was very happy with the Candlewood and when I am in the area again, I will consider staying at this property. I had no complaints at all. The hotel is very clean, no issues and it was pretty quiet. They do have a small shop in the lobby with food, beverages, snacks and toiletries, plus a laundry room (I think it's free)

No free breakfast, but with the kitchenette you could certainly bring some food and make yourself a meal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cruisermeg
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us and decided to share it with everyone else. We do hope to see you on your next visit to the area. Just so you know, our guest laundry is always free (detergent is available for purchase in the cupboard).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Been to Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air? Share your experiences!