“Felt like home!”

Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our group attended a party in the area and needed a place to crash overnight and found the Candlewood Suites on Hotwire. This place blew us away.

The staff members were genuinely accommodating and bent over backwards to honor any request.

The room was clean and had a little kitchenette. Comfortable beds and great television.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Wow, more than I expected!! Great rooms, very clean & comfy. Everyone there was so nice. I'll be back very soon.

Room Tip: I noticed people with pets on the first floor which is fine but I have allergies. Just sayin'
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sam h
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was in the area for business staying at another hotel that was less than desirable. Since my stay was for four weeks, I decided to look elsewhere after a week, and Candlewood Suites came through for me in the clutch. Most area suites were booked solid, but Candlewood made room for me. Thank you! It has been a great stay and I will definitely be staying with them again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dgio4677
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We broke our journey from Virginia to New York City here when we were tired of driving and wanted to get off the road. Hotwire turned up a great deal for the Candlewood Suites, and we were excited, as we'd previously had a great experience at one outside Syracuse. (Know that it's next to a Homewood Suites hotel, and make sure you choose the right ______wood Suites location!)

As typical for this brand, they seem to cater to the extended-stay market, but transient visitors like us were welcome too. Our spacious room wasn't exactly a "suite", but it was comfortable and we enjoyed the full-size refrigerator (as we were toting seafood back in a cooler) and kitchenette. The bed (queen only, not king, but we're used to that at home and that's what Hotwire got us for the deal) was comfortable, and we enjoyed being able to get ice cream sandwiches and drinks from the honor-system store off the lobby. We thought about borrowing one of the selection of DVDs, but instead ordered a pizza and curled up for the night. Staff was friendly as well, and the hotel location was very convenient to I-95 as well as a few shopping centers, restaurants, and the like.

We were sorry we had to get back home to New York, as the hotel was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2011

When I checked in, I requested the woman who was at the desk for a room on a upper floor as I was staying alone and would feel more comfortable not staying on the ground floor. She said the rooms were all sold out and she couldn't do anything about it. I could see there was a stack of reservation packets on the desk for guests who haven't checked in yet. To me, this meant she could've easily switched my room with another guest who hasn't checked in yet but would not because she didn't feel like doing the extra paperwork. This was proved when my co-worker checked in a few minutes after me and was given a room on the 3rd floor. In addition to that, I was given a room right next to the elevator. This happened even though my reservation should have clearly stated that I requested a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator. I travel frequently for work, and unfortunately this level of poor customer service leaves a really bad taste.
Oh to top it off, the room had no iron. Not a big deal in general but just an added bonus in the morning after being woken up at 5 am by loud guests in front of the elevator!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rothii
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My elderly father and I stayed here the weekend before Memorial Day and most of the week that followed for a total of seven days/six nights while we explored the sites of metro Baltimore and the staff made us feel valued as patrons. Our suite had two large beds, a flat screen HDTV, refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishes and utensils, fully-stocked bathroom, and free wireless internet access. There is a free on-site gym and laundry facilities, too. Because of its residential nature, there is no restaurant and no room service on the premises, but there are plenty of grocery and restaurant options nearby. This was just like home. Thanks, Candlewood Bel Air!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This review is long overdue and I would be remiss if did not share my thoughts, regarding my stay at the Candlewood Suites Aberdeen. I actually stayed at this hotel for almost three months.

I recently relocated to this area from Texas. During my house hunting and house closing process, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Aberdeen. It truly is not possible for one to understand what I mean when I say, "Completely amazing staff". When I was sick, the Staff would check on me regularly. When I injured my knee, the staff went out of their way to get me heating pads and check on me. As I was going through the closing process on the MD house, the staff would take care of things I was not able to do myself. The accommodations, as a whole, were perfect.

I could go on and on with a myriad of reasons why the Candlewood Suites Aberdeen is such an amazing place to stay. I would simply challenge you to find out on your own. You will drive away smiling.

In closing, I would like to personally thank the entire staff at the Candlewood Suites Aberdeen. Making the move here was better than it could have ever been, due to all the assistance each of you provided. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Sincerely

Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen

Been to Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air? Share your experiences!