“Outside on the deck for small dishes and big drinks”

Chapman Cottage Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Reasonably priced, just-right menu offerings.
Chapman Cottage has a nice attitude for putting together quality foods and a good wine list .
A late afternoon hanging on the deck with good friends could not better spent.
Service was appropriate, water glasses never stayed empty.
While Chapman's is owned by the folks at York Harbour Inn, it is NOT York Harbour Inn.
Less formal, less expensive, less three course mealy.
I have been here 3 times , all of them in gorgeous weather outside.
I can't speak for the indoor dining experience, but snacks and drinks on the deck rule!

3  Thank NHSeaurchin

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Got to Chapman Inn, decided to dine on the deck, the sky darkened, but as soon as the drops started, the staff provided us with speedy assistance on moving to an inside table in a cozy room. As a lifelong Maine resident, I was impressed with my very ample lobster roll on a brioche roll toasted brown. It was the same shape as a hot dog roll, but larger and the dough was definitely brioche--and yummy enough that I would order it again! We had friends with us who had not been here before and said they will definitely put Chapman's on their "eat here again another time" list. And the rhubarb dessert will be on our "order again next time" list as well. A nice evening!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

York Harbor Inn had a 30-45 minute wait. We were given a credit for a free appetizer and a guarantee that food was excellent at The Chapmon House.

Lovely ambiance and friendly waitstaff. i ordered a lobster roll on brioche and my companion ordered scallops.The lobster roll tasted fishy and was served on a toasted hot dog roll that I could have ordered at a local "take out" in York for half the price and twice the size and taste. My companion ate the scallops , but found the sides unappetizing.

The York Harbor Inn is excellent, but they need a new chef at Chapmon House. I would not recommend it to anyone.

I lovet

Reviewed April 6, 2014

solid all around, good value, good quality, YHI knows what it is doing IMHO, and they wouldn't have a second rate kitchen at this new "branch" of their resort. Service very good, efficient, fun, friendly, in a great old building.

2  Thank chimayred
Reviewed November 10, 2013

4 of us had dinner here on a Saturday in November. The setting is lovely - there are several different dining areas all with fireplaces. I don't know if they have the prix fixe menu all year or only in the off season, but it is a fantastic deal. For $19.95 you get a choice of appetizer and main course (and the appetizers are generous sizes) and a trio dessert sampler. Nothing disappointed. Between the 4 of us we tried 3 appetizers and 4 mains. I got to taste the fish tacos, duck confit quesadilla, and beef crostini appetizers - all excellent. I ordered a daily special tortellini in a pumpkin cream sauce - also excellent, though on the rich side. I also sampled the pistachio crusted hake and the lobster brioche, both excellent. I would definitely order the hake for myself next time! Dessert was also perfect. Cocktails are a little pricier but were very good - try the Maine Smokehouse Manhattan - it comes with a candied bacon garnish! Oh - and there was a great guitar player too!

3  Thank Laura G