“Paradise”
Review of Stage Neck Inn

Stage Neck Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in York Harbor
Reviewed March 14, 2014

From the moment you step into the stage neck inn you are surrounded by comfort and luxury The restaurants are wonderful. One is casual food the over is over the top. We go here for mid week getaways. Right on the harbor. Fireplace, wood burning. Hot Coffee tea and cookies for everyone. It's a must in our book

• Stayed: October 2013
SNIgm, General Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. So happy that you enjoyed the comfort of the inn, along with the restaurant(s). Our mid-week package, including breakfast and dinner, is a great way to go, for sure.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

If I could give this Stageneck INN ten stars I would.
You cannot improve on perfection!!!! Yes, we had a perfect experience and left elated.
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and our room was ready early . Always a nice surprise. The environment is warm and welcoming, the staff all very friendly, the food was fabulous, our room very comfortable. All rooms have some view of the ocean.
We were on a B and B package. The breakfast buffet is awesome; we never needed to have lunch. It is indeed a full breakfast, very full!
I commend the staff and managers of StageNeck Inn, York,Maine.
And I recommend it highly. We look forward to returning.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Wow, ten Stars!! We are so pleased that we made your stay at the inn a perfect experience!
Thank you for your kind comments.

Glad that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. All of our rates do include a full complimentary breakfast, which pleases so many of our guests.

We look forward to your return visit.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here with my husband in December 2013 to go to the Christmas Stroll in Kennebunkport. We are tying new places and I found this as a voucher on Living Social or Rue La La not sure which. But the price was right for off season and we decided to give it a try. We always stay in the same area of Kennenbunkport so this was a nice change and still close to k-bunk.

As it turned out it could not have been a better choice. The Christmas stroll in Kennebunkport is a lot of fun but it is jammed with people and cars. It was so nice to be able to retreat to our quiet inn after a long, wonderful, day of walking in the cold and shopping in Kennebunkport. This inn was a short scenic 30 min drive to the center of town and all the goings on.

The inn is just lovely. I know everywhere during the holidays seems enchanting but this inn did a wonderful job of adding all the right holiday touches. It was BEAUTIFUL! A full service inn where you don't have to leave if you are looking for a quiet relaxing getaway. There is gorgeous pool and it wasn't being used, along with a hot tub...looked clean and clear, very inviting. You can see the pool area from the window of a hallway, it looks down into pool with is picturesque on its own. I did not swim this time but will certainly plan to in the future.

You enter the Inn from the large parking lot and check in there is a little gift shop to the left and and a separate large curio cabinet filled with beautiful jewelry that was very inexpensive for the quality look. We checked in and went to our room.

The room is simply decorated, not very big, but very clean and comfortable bed! It was down a corridor and around a corner from the lobby, good thing though the rooms are behind a heavy closed door which takes the noise away...it was quiet which I like, for I go to bed early.

The Inn has turn down service as well in the evenings. not necessary but a nice touch.
They check to make sure you have everything you need at approx 7pm.

A couple of stairs up from the check in desk is a LOVELY, COMFORTABLE AND INVITING large sitting area. I adored this I wake at 5 or 6 am and wouldn't have had anything to do in the room without waking my husband so I strolled down to this room and they were stoking the wood burning fire place. The coffee and tea we there and ready for you to help yourself. The staff were all smiles and polite, yet quiet and only chatted with you if you addressed them. A class act... you can go and sit here alone and be uninterrupted, I had work I was doing on my computer. Or you can have wonderful conversation with the other guests and staff. MY FAVORITE ROOM a big plus for this inn, in my book. My husband got to sleep in a bit undisturbed ...and this large spacious room enabled me to sit alone and work yet talk to others who were traveling together if I wanted to. Many sitting areas in this one large room. There was a huge beautifully decorated Christmas tree in this room as well. I watched the sunrise out the large expansive window and it was breathtaking. I got my work done, had a couple of cups of piping hot coffee that was quite good, and also chatted with other guests from Connecticut that were there for a work get together. My husband then joined me and we went for our complimentary breakfast in the beautifully decorated dining room. Staffed with waiters, but buffet style and everything you could think of in the silver trayed hot/cold breakfast buffet! Delicious. The dining room is lovely. The trees are lit, and there are silhouettes on the top of the walls of old fashioned couples dining. Very nice decor. There is piano player in the evenings for dinner. He plays soft background music that was familiar yet unintrusive. A nice touch.

We went out for the day, did many things at the stroll, and returned for dinner in the Inn. The dinner was ok for the expected price. $150. including to drinks, 2 dinners and one dessert. I'd say the food was good, not excellent. I love cooking shows yet, when it comes to eating I want real food and not gourmet. This had a gourmet twist but was still somewhat conventional. Would I eat there again, Yes. Are there other options for dining, not nearby. But yes if you want to drive a bit.

The bar is located next to the restaurant it isn't large but is nice and the bartender is friendly.
Not sure how late it is open, centrally located diagonally off the dining room, with piano player separating the two.

The Inn is right on the beach, in a very residential, harbor, quiet section of York. We didn't walk the beach it was bitterly cold and flurrying but it looked like a nice walk for next time

Will I go back DEFINITELY.

Cons... none that I can think of. This inn and the staff are very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy C

We are so very glad that you chose to make a change and stay at the Stage Neck Inn back in December! We so appreciate your wonderful comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us.

The York Harbor beach that is right next to us is just such a super little beach to walk on, along with the cliff walk and park that are located up from the beach area. When you visit again, perhaps when the weather is good for walking, you must visit these area attractions.

Glad that we could accommodate you to the fullest! Look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have been staying at the Stage Neck Inn for almost 10 years and perhaps nothing defines one's expectations of the New England coast quite like Stage Neck Inn! Tremendous ocean views can be found everywhere from our well appointed and maintained rooms to the cozy dining room and comfortable living room area.Friendly helpful staff, and excellent food contribute to all the essentials of a great stay.

Room Tip: discount on your stay if it is your birthday month
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
SNIgm, General Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We are so very glad that you had an awesome stay with us recently, and we are glad to know that you have enjoyed many stays at the inn over the last ten years. We thank you for that!
We have to agree, that the views are oh so magnificent from every side of the inn.

We look forward to your return visit, and be sure to use your birthday club discount coupon on your birthday month!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been going to the fabulous Stage Neck Inn for the past nine years and have always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It is a lovely hotel situated on the Atlantic with breathtaking views. We always stay in the same oceanfront room which is very comfortable and beautifully appointed.
The restaurant is outstanding (among the best we've visited). The dinner menu offers many enticing choices, and every one we've sampled has been delicious, from the appealing appetizers to the fabulous desserts.
The entire staff is extremely professional and friendly.
We highly recommend the Stage Neck Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SNIgm, General Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you, thank you for the wonderful review. And, thank you so much for staying with us again. We really appreciate your kind comments about the accommodations, the food and the staff.

We so look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here during a very cold weekend and had a wonderful time. The Inn is very nice and well maintained. The staff is wonderful and will do anything to make sure you are enjoying yourself.
The pool is small, but indoors, and there is a nice hot tub there. We sat in the hot tub and watched it snow outside!! Food was very good and was included in our package. Breakfast buffet is has a great selection and was also very good. We used the spa and they were fantastic. We had a wonderful couples massage, I had a aromatherapy facial and my husband had a pedicure, his first and he enjoyed it.
Overall this is a great Inn and we will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donjenks35
SNIgm, General Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you so much for staying at the inn recently. We are very glad to hear that our staff took such good care of you. It seems that you used many of our amenities and we greatly appreciate all your wonderful feedback.

We so look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed for a business meeting. The inn has a great location and has wonderful views. The rooms are fine. Not extraordinary but comfortable. Breakfast starts at 7 which is think is late and our entire group had to wait. The bar has a nice ambience to it but the restaurant looks old and outdated. The meeting room had a great view as well and the staff service was fine. All in all a decent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gatty247
SNIgm, General Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay while attending a business meeting with us. The inn, for sure, has great views and all of our meeting space has wonderful big windows that overlook either the ocean, the harbor or the beach area.

We do typically open for breakfast at 7:30 a.m. each day, but will open for group breakfasts at 7 a.m. I am so sorry if you had to wait to enter the dining room. Our dining room is constantly being updated with new chair coverings, new flooring, etc. We do have some near future plans to put in new windows and perhaps completely re-design the restaurant.

I do hope that you will return to the inn. Thanks you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York Harbor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick

Been to Stage Neck Inn? Share your experiences!