“Best Weekend In a Long Time”
Review of York Harbor Inn

York Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in York Harbor
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Room was very clean and quaint. Well worth the money. Staff was excellent and accommodating. Incredible privacy. Make your own continental breakfast was fun and tasty!
Food at restaurant was good but not the type we usually go for. Get a room with a whirlpool tub it is well worth the extra money. Stay was comparative to vacations at the Ahwane and El Tovar!

There are newer reviews for York Harbor Inn

Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed in one of the small rooms at the main house. It was clean but noisy from the kitchen fan vents behind it. We kept the window close but the ac was not much quieter.
It It weren't for the discounts we would have been disappointed. The staff were lovely and helpful at the Inn and restaurant. The Breakfasts and dinners were great. Our overall stay was nice and would we would visit again.

1  Thank LLTTFNY
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Everything about it was great including the restaurant. We had dinner and lunch in the restaurant. We will not hesitate to stay here again. The staff were very welcoming and accomodating.

1  Thank mangabraintree
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We were married in September of 2009 and could not have been happier with the staff, service and the rooms and the cleanliness. We were married across the street at the Mason Reserve ocean view and it was beyond perfect! We had our wedding dinner in the restaurant and the management let us use a part of the restaurant for our family separate from the rest of the restaurant and the food and service was exceptional! Michelle(wedding coordinator) had many great ideas and helped with food selections and coordinated the flowers, cake, photographer (we hired separetely)and guests and made it seamless for my husband and I. She even coordinated the rain showers from holding off until after we married and inside the restaurant and had our pictures taken!! We will stay again at the inn as we had such a positive experience. It is a lovely location and well worth the trip Rejean and Gayle Carrier

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Food was excellent. Ambience was nice. Service was good. My issue was the clientele; loud, rude, obnoxious, MA-holes. They dressed in jeans and t-shirts and ruined the ambitions.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Thank you for making one of your properties pet friendly as we love being able to bring our dog Rosco with us when we travel. We all enjoyed our weekend at the York Harbor Inn.

We stayed in the 1730 Harbor Crest Inn with our American Bulldog (their pet-friendly property). What can I say; it's gorgeous! This Inn is located about 1/2 mile from the main inn and back from the street. Room 505 is very large and comfortable with a porch and a large 2 person jacuzzi tub.

We had dinner both nights at the Ships Cellar Pub and the food was fantastic. You will pay a little more at this restaurant but we thought it was well worth it (filet mignon was out of this world!) Also, I recommend trying the pepperoni flat bread pizza; very tasty!

The managers, servers and bartenders were extremely friendly and the Inn is always very clean.

I highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I was looking for a pet friendly inn in Maine. I can across this one, but was a little worried because of some bad reviews. We just got home and I can't say enough good things about this place. When I checked in, I was impressed at how friendly the man at the front desk was. He was so welcoming and told me all I needed to know about the inn. We were staying at the Harbor Crest so I was given directions and my room keys. When we pulled up to the Harbor Crest, I felt like I was arriving at a mansion. When I entered the room, I was delighted to with the size of the room, the cleanliness of the room and the wonderful fireplace and two person jacuzzi tub. We also had a private deck off of the living room. I have stayed at many pet friendly places and although some are nice, this room was one of the nicest and definitely the cleanest. There wasn't even a hint of a dog odor. We ate at the restaurant all three nights because it as that good. The main dining room is gorgeous and the Ship's Cellar Pub is just as nice. The decor in both was gorgeous. The food was outstanding and the service was fantastic. The free continental breakfast was great too. There was also complimentary newspapers, water and soda. I don't know what I could say even remotely negative about this place. We had a great time and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to York Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!