“Soup to Sherry - Chapman Cottage is heaven on earth!”
Review of Chapman Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York Harbor
Chapman Cottage
Ranked #2 of 5 York Harbor B&B and Inns
mainstay3
“Soup to Sherry - Chapman Cottage is heaven on earth!”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

It will be difficult to stay in a hotel again after my stay at Chapman Cottage.

The house itself has been completely redone. Owners Paul and Donna have furnished and decorated with antiques, to give the cottage an elegant, yet warm and fuzzy feeling. Modern conviences in the room I stayed (The Mercer Suite, which I definitely recommend) offers two gas fireplaces and an oversized jacuzzi tub as well as a large shower. The bed was comfy and the room immaculate.

Now let's get to the food! Owner/chef Paul puts Emeril to shame. Breakfast is sit-down (continental? - no way), and different each day. One day was a breakfast version of bananas foster that was so out-of-this world I wanted to lick the bowl so I wouldn't miss a bite. The same with the next day's fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream. If dinner is available, DO NOT MISS IT!! The restaurant has established quite a reputation in the area, and believe me, it's well earned. Paul's risotto alone makes me want to make the seven hour drive to York Harbor all over again.

I had never been to Maine, and had no idea what town to stay in. York Harbor is quaint and sohpisticated. Chapman Cottage is situated a short walk to the beach, walking trails and a great pub that's open all year. It was easy to drive up the coast and tour different towns and sites; lots of lighthouses. Portland is funky, eclectic and a lot of fun. It's only about 45 minutes up Rt. 95 from York Harbor, while the outlets in Kittery was a 15 minute ride at most in the opposite direction.

Paul and Donna are warm and affable and have gone over the top to make the Chapman a place you'll want to return to over and over. I'm completely greatful for my stay with them!

• Liked — The owners, the house, the food, the location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maine
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Our stay at Chapman Cottage was phenomenal. I am glad to see that it has also recently been reviewed in the Boston Globe Travel Section- what a great writeup!

The room was beautiful and clean. The service is even better than I expected from this 5 star bed and breakfast. The owners, Paul and Donna did a tremendous job. Donna left a beautiful fruit basket in each room as well as her own homemade chocolates and port. Where else can you get such personal touches? Paul is the chef and prepared a meal that was fit to be my last! The likes of Dan Brown (Davinci Code) have dined at Chapman Cottage. Hey, if it's good enough for Dan, it's good enough for me!

The restaurant and bar were impressive. You can come as you are and eat a gourmet meal in a casually elegant atmosphere. The restaurant and bar are open to the public as well as B&B guests so if you are staying here- make reservations. You will not be disappointed.

Make sure to stop by the wine/martini bar and sample one of the many specialty drinks or a glass of wine from the extensive wine list. We found the staff knowledgable and able to help us decide on the right wine as we are not wine connoisseurs! I must say that the "Dirty Mainetini", a Chapman Cottage specialty, was fabulous. It was nice to be able to head right up to our room after hanging out in the bar- no driving necessary.

We are already planning our next trip- can't wait!

• Liked — The owners- personal service at every level.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TakeahikeMaine
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 24, 2007

The Chapman Cottage is a gem!! My two sisters and I took our mom to New England for her 60th birthday, and this place was one of the highlights of our trip. The owners, Paul and Donna, take the time to talk to every guest and suggest things to do. The location is good, near New Hampshire, so there's plenty of options for day trips.

Breakfasts in the morning were wonderful, and the dinner was fabulous! The homemade truffles in the room were a treat as well.

We stayed in the Lawrence and Mary rooms, both very nice.

Paul and Donna came out and waved goodbye when we left - they really provided the extra attention! I would highly recommend this b&b and will stay here when/if I come back!

• Liked — Nice rooms, great restaurant
  • Disliked — Nothing - everything was great!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank KosmoK
Boston
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I would definitely recommend Chapman Cottage for anyone wanting to get away from it all. The rooms are spacious, the hosts are gracious and the food is 5 star. If you are there at the end of the week, book for a gourmet meal in the restaurant.

Merle Sandler, Boston

Inn at Tanglewood Hall
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
#1 of 5 in York Harbor
Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant

Been to Chapman Cottage? Share your experiences!