“Very nice lunch with a view”
Review of Shearwater

Shearwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Shearwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We ate in the outdoor covered patio at one of the high top tables. While the hotel is rather upscale, we felt at home and the view is incredible both of the harbor beach area and the harbor itself. Sometimes when you have a great view like this, you are very disappointed with the food or the service. NOT so. The service was outstanding. I had the scallops Florentine. The scallops were done perfectly but the pasta with it was a little bland. My Hubby had the fish sandwich which was huge and very tasty. I ended stealing some of his fries which were excellent. We definitely plan to return to this restaurant that was recommend by one of my friends. Definitely worth the price we paid which a little on the high side.

1  Thank Claudia N

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We experienced the Sandpiper Grille for later night dining. Excellent Food and drink with exceptional service by the bar keep, Chris. Great wine, appetizers, steak, fish and mussels. Friendly atmosphere and great view of the Old York Harbor.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Walked there in the evening for a relaxing view & a drink. My cousin loves the place. Very peaceful.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were a little underdressed - this is definitely a destination spot for Sunday brunch or a more special occasion. The views are a little better inside, but we enjoy being outside and opted for the patio, which was also nice. The chowder, lobster roll, lobster bisque were all fine, nothing fantastic, and pricey, though not out of line with this type of place. We enjoyed the walk around the property with pretty landscaping and the water access. It wasn't very busy on a Sunday at noon, but that may be because I think many of the patrons are staying at the Inn so would be turning over on a Sunday.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is simply good food and well prepared. It has a wonderful view, atmosphere and the food is always above standard. The staff is welcoming and the the service is great!. I have been coming here for a number of years and never have done a review, but it is about time I do. They had a wedding going on at the same time, but it did not interfere with the regular people who came for dinner or were staying there. I must say this is a consistent winner any time of the year. I have noticed that they keep there staff and that also must say a lot for the restaurant. I know, I had been in the hospitality business for years. The menu changes regularly and the it is above standard with local specials.

2  Thank Busylater