“Great Location! Beautiful Oceanviews!”

Grand View Inn and Cottages
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in York Harbor
ft meyers fl
“Great Location! Beautiful Oceanviews!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family has been going to the Grandview for several years and we love it! Nice and clean comfortable rooms with large balconies to view and feel the ocean breeze. Staff was very friendly and most helpful. We really enjoyed the beautiful beach across the street and the lovely heated indoor pool.
We will return for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vettwftmeyersfl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at the Grandview last weekend... I'm so glad I didn't listen to some of the bad reviews. The owners were very nice letting us have early check-in. The view was awesome and we were steps away from the beach, great balcony. The room was adequate and VERY clean. If you are looking for the Ritz then you should stay at the Ritz. We didn't use the pool since it was a beautiful weekend. The trolley stops outside but we also didn't use that. All and all it was a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank linda c
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place is awful! We arrived on Friday afternoon and were looking forward to a nice couple of nights at the beach. For over $200 a night, we expected a nice hotel. The rooms are old, dark, dingy, and had the feel of a boarding house and not a $200/night hotel. They make you pay in advance and do not offer refunds which I am not sure is totally legal, but now I understand why. The beach is not just a few steps away. Across from the hotel is nothing but rocks. You have to cross a very busy road and then you have to walk for about 1/4 mile to get to sand. We ended up leaving this place, forfeiting our deposit, and driving further north. We found a lovely place in Ogunquit at less than 1/2 the cost, and we didn't have to cross a busy road to get to the beach. Do not book a room here, keep driving north! You'll be happy you did!

Room Tip: Do not book a room, especially on the 3rd floor. There is a wood staircase, very narrow, so there i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank lakelife4us

Travelers are raving about these York Harbor hotels

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2011

For $215 a night there must be better options. The people (owners?) were nice, the room large but outdated, dark and dingy. Wifi works if you stand outside the office and the heated pool was ice cold. No shampoo, hair dryer etc. Flat sheets only on the bed. The only really redeeming quality was the location. If this room was $150 I would rate it better for the value.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank SocialSavvy
York, Maine
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had no idea this place had an exterior "tenement" staircase of 3 stories. I am a fit 55+ but my friend is 81. I was terrified that he would fall. While they advertise ocean views from every room, the views are onto an ugly, rocky beach through phone lines. Rooms are very basic--not even a clock radio, shampoo or hair dryer (for more than $210??) The rooms never are dark at night as there are flood lights on the balconies outside. It was clean, but I would never go there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank bella1950
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Rooms suck. No hot water, no clock, hair dryer, screen slider, wifi(as advertises). 200.00 a night I was expecting a nice motel. Rip off. Not to mention had to walk up three flights of stairs. 3 people , 2 washcloths. Next year we will call earlier and stay at the anchorage.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Smveilleux
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have been going to York Beach since I was a little kid-first with family and then with my kids when they were young. Nowadays we go back every summer for a couple of weeks and bring the grandkids along as well. I have driven by the Grandview hundreds if not thousands of times and never gave it a second thought. This summer after having spent our two weeks at Long Sands (we rent a house) the weather was so amazing that I just had to get back. On such a short notice there were not many options but the Grandview had openings so I rented a room for my myself, my wife and our teenage daughter. I was completely impressed by the cleanliness of the entire place. The room although somewhat outdated was very clean and bright and the bathroom was just as clean. The entire property is well maintained-the lawn and flowers are manicured and easy on the eyes.
The pool was great for an afternoon dip and the owners were great.
The balcony and view cannot be beat! Sitting there in the morning or at night the sight and sound of the ocean directly across the street is amazing.
We will be back.

#3 of 9 in York Beach
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#6 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Grand View Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!