“Don't Eat Here!”

Ranked #3 of 7 York Beach B&B and Inns
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Don't Eat Here!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My Husband and I went here, this weekend, with our two young girls. After waiting for 30 minutes, we were seated in a very crowded place. Waitress was so nice! We wanted seafood. Everything that was on the menu and seafood, was priced, "market price." Now, first off, where we live, here in Mass, a plate of baked scallops at Market Price is about $18.00. My husband and I both ordered the baked scallops. My kids, both got tiny flat bread pizzas. We got our food...I took a fried scallop in my mouth and ate it. Size was good, there was no taste to it! The scallop came right out of the breading, like it was a boiled scallop. It was sooo overdone and rubbery, I wanted to gag! There were 8...8 scallops on my plate. My husbands, as well.
Now, we are used to a fried scallop, when biting into it having a nice buttery taste. The fry from the batter is basically stuck onto the scallop and they become one. When you chew it, you are in heaven. The consistency of a well made fried scallop, will pretty much melt in your mouth. The ones at this restaraunt were made from someone who doesn't care about food! I can cook a better fried scallop, and I'm not even a chef!
Then, get this....they charge us $25 A PLATE!!! We were pissed! The food was horrible! My kids flatbread pizzas were gross, and they over charged us, because they are by the beach!
I've learned a lesson...Never go to eat right on the beach...way over priced, and the food stinks. We want to another restaraunt the year before, the food was horrible!

Room Tip: Go more inland to eat. Do research. Eat at a different hour, say befor or after busy hours. It gets...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The rooms are clean.
The location couldn't be better.
The sunset suite is TOO LOUD to sleep in so only choose that room if you're gonna be down at the bar until the music stops.
Service is poor to mediocre...

Room Tip: Sunset Suite is directly above the stage down in the bar and the music/bass is LOUD LOUD LOUD...like...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 12, 2012

After a trip to Short Sands Beach, a friend and I decided to grab a late dinner. The menu looked good so we decided to give Inn on the Blues a shot. We were seated rather quickly (considering it was trivia night) but it took our waitress over 10 minutes to check on us/introduce herself.

We gave our drink order (water) and asked for a few minutes with the menu. It took another 10 minutes to get our water. I attempted to order the Lobster Mac and Cheese but was informed it was sold out for the night (something that our waitress should have told us when we were seated and something she freely admitted to). I went with the Lobster Roll (Hot), my friend got chicken tenders and the Inn Fries. When our meal finally arrived my lobster was rubbery and almost inedible and my fries were cold. My friends tenders were decent but the waitress brought her a side of fries instead of the Inn Fries and at that point we were just too fed up to complain.

Upon paying the bill the waitress took 15 minutes to pick up the check (she must have walked past our table at least 5 times attending to others) and then another 7 minutes to bring it back.

I could understand if the place was busier with people ordering food but the restaurant was filled with people drinking/playing trivia and our waitress only had three tables.

I had high hopes for this place but I will never eat here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tamara P

Travelers are raving about these York Beach hotels

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a great place for us to spend our long weekends. We stay at the INN at least twice a year. The staff is always great. We have been staying at the Inn 3 or more years, and we like it there. The bands are awesome and if you like blues this is where it is happening. They even have a small dance floor and it is always full. The Inn has a great view of the ocean and we love the convenience of it's central location. The restaurant serves great food and has great service. What can I say, great place, staff and location and don't forget the bands. Joe has a very dedicated staff and he also has a second restaurant next door.

Room Tip: They only have about six rooms, and they vary from small to a large penthouse. We get the rooms with...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Lousy service..lousy food..having lunch on outside deck had to witness a server (lindsey) verbally abusing a young lady walking with another (who clearly had disability) caling(yelling) her a word that I can not use that starts with f and ends in ing and a word that follows starting with a s and ending in t... this day and age of threatenening behavior and younger people harrassing others ..can not beleive this person has a job!!After sending this reveiw off I will contact the local newspaper!( Portsmouth Herald) this needs to be followed through. Absolutely unbeleivable that a waitress is allowed to use such profanity and harrass people as they walk on by
I will do everything I can to let this bad behaivor be known

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank momoftwo22
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This place is terrible! I grew up in Maine and when I go back I like to support the locals!!! This place was the worst on the coast! The owner is NOT present, the food has gotten progressively worse! The bar staff acts as though you are imposing on them! Aren't I paying you? The music is inaudible at their events cause it is so loud yet the place is soooo small! The room was smaller than advertised! I NEVER slept here once cause it was sooo loud downstairs. It RUINED my entire vacation! Do yourself a FAVOR and stay away from this place! Go to Skyy Blue that is across the way and stay in Ogunquit or Kennebunkport for that home town feel.

You will REGRET going to this place their pics on their site are misleading and the only good thing (if I had to say) was the bar upstairs has a deck that you can smoke on. Martinis were okay but WAY overpriced.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OceanLover0252
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my partner, and from about 9 PM until past midnight, the noise (music) from the lounge downstairs was unbearable. This is a great place to stay if you are young and out at the bars all night, anyway. I wanted to go to sleep at 10 PM, and it was just impossible. It was quieter in the hallway than it was in my room. I have to say, the music was quite good, but I wasn't feeling well and needed to get some sleep. It was so noisy that I felt like I was IN the lounge. Had dinner at the hotel's restaurant one night---not-so-great bar food, and again, the music was so loud, we couldn't talk to each other. I was in my room for a minute or so during the daytime, and guess what, there was music playing then as well. This hotel is noisy, noisy, noisy. One last comment, I was surprised that there was no maid service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Atlantic House Inn
Atlantic House Inn
#2 of 4 in York Beach

Been to Inn on the Blues? Share your experiences!