“Candy Kiss a sight to behold”

Goldenrod Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in York Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Watching the entire process of making the old fashion candy kiss
is a treat indeed for all ages. Entire families gently crowd outside of the display windows awestruck at the churning machines while the crowds inside carefully choose from the great variety of flavors of kisses packed in boxes. The restaurant is family oriented with a victorian decor that has remained virtually untouched where they serve up family style menue choices.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Tried breakfast here one morning and it was so good we went back the next day. Husband's ham & cheese omelette was the best (his words). My eggs, bacon & home fries were delicious.
Loved the homey feel of the restaurant & then being able to walk straight into the taffy/candy store/soda fountain section.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

While giving my wife a few minutes I took my son for his favorite breakfast meal, chocolate chip pancakes. I didn't realize you could get a kids portion,however 3 large pancakes were no match for my 9 year old. The place was clean and the service was quick and easy. He liked the light and fluffy cakes so much we came two days in a row. I noticed they also serve lunch. This is one place I'll be returning to soo, very good

Reviewed July 20, 2013

No visit to York Beach is complete without stopping in here. Whether it's for an ice cream soda at the counter, a box of Goldenrod Kisses to bring home or an inexpensive family meal in the dining room, the experiences here are consistently good - and have been for 4 generations of my family. We're local so frequent visits each summer are in order. Favorites are the enormous 'short stack' blueberry pancakes, the various club sandwiches, the haddock dinner special and to top it off, the hot fudge sundae. The window tables on the 'porch' are great for people watching and are easier for conversation than the main dining room which can be a bit noisy. The main thing here is that the Goldenrod has been putting smiles on faces of all ages for generations - you'll leave with one too.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

SInce we live fairly local we make it part of every summer to eat at least one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner at Goldenrod. Since this year we've already done lunch (it was YUMMY) we decided this time it was breakfast.

Went fairly early on a Sunday morning while it was still quiet. As always service with a smile. The "kids" that work here would shame a lot of others who do server/service work. Always friendly, always smiling - no matter how busy they are. Management should be proud of them.

Hot coffee, fluffy waffles, french toast to die for, an omelet that was as smooth as silk made to perfection. Tasty tasty tasty food. Quick service and decent price.

Goldenrod always makes you feel they appreciate your business. We'll be back soon for a summer dinner 2013 and taffy too!

2  Thank Rumbledolly