“Childhood Memories”
Review of Short Sands Beach

Short Sands Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-oriented beach that includes a playground.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If your looking for a great place to take the kids this summer you have to stop at Short Sands in York Beach Maine. As a Child my parents would take us there for the summer. We stayed at Burnetts Trailer Park right behind Yorks Wild Kingdom. I have the best memories from York Beach. It is clean, beautiful and above all Fun !!! Tons of things to do from watching taffy being made at the Golden Rod to Riding the Swan Boats at Yorks Wild Kingdom....Its a must if you have children.

There are newer reviews for Short Sands Beach

Reviewed September 18, 2013

the hurricane from last year did a real job on Short Sands beach..the wonderful sand was washed away to reveal a rocky beach. The town has replaced some of the sand closest to the boardwalk and arcade, but as you move further down the beach, it is very rocky. ON a happier note, we were able to find many rare colors of washed glass that we had never seen before! courtesy of hurricane Sandy.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family stayed here for four nights and while we had a great time.. I was not a fan of the very small, rocky beach. If you are looking for a BEACH.. long sands is larger but we LOVED Ogunquit which is like 10 mins away. We drove there instead. This little town is great, though.. with touristy shops and restaurants.. and the little amusement park which my kids loved. My husband loved Short Sands but I was a little disappointed and prefer a better beach like Ogunquit.. which was a little more upscale. My kids also loved it there.. which in the end is all that really matters :)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Short Sands with it's amusement house and shopping feels very much like you just stepped back in time. The shops are touristy but the whole place has an old school charm. Love the Goldenrod taffy!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Better parking than Long Sands Beach and more interesting terrain. Be sure to bring quarters though.