“Avoid at all cost” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Boston
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

Senility has set in for the elderly owners of the Sea Latch Motor Inn. If you want a damper placed on your vacation plans, or if you are looking to see truth to the myth that all New Englanders are rude, stay here, and you will agree. Vacationers beware! Accomodations are very minimal, diry, and the odor is unbearable. This place gives true meaning to "motor coach Inn." You would be better off sleeping in a motor coach or your car than this establishment. Not a good place for families due to lack of respect and poor values.

Stayed August 2007
34 Thank beach_bunnie07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2006

My husband and I spent a 3 day harvestfest weekend in York and at the Seal Latch. A great room with a King Bed and a front deck overlooking the beach, where we could see the Cape Neddick light house as well a Boone Island Lighthouse. Nice, well furnished, clean room. Michelle, our housekeeper was very accommodating and gave us extra towel, etc, when we asked. The rest of the staff were all very pleasant, and we enjoyed the friendliness of the coffee shop.
The Harvest Festival in the colonial part of York was fun and interesting, albit a bit crowded at time, but very enjoyable. With all the food stalls and the pig roast, we didn't get a chance to try any restaurants. Next time maybe.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JR6
New England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

I stayed here with my 2 boys for one night this past summer. I was quick to learn the bathroom was not cleaned from the previous guests. I went to the front desk and was handed a bottle of cleaner and was told to please "clean it myself". I informed the owner with a phone call and received a $200.00 credit toward another stay along with a letter stating they were appalled of the action of the front desk attendant and the cleanliness of the room. in all fairness I attempted another visit only to find much of the same filthy rooms. I will never stay there again and would advise anoyone in search of a nice visit to the Oceanside to stay at The Cutty Sark, it was clean and the owners were very nice, thats were I ended up staying.

• Liked — Nothing at all, it was very dirty and outdated as well.
  • Disliked — Pubic hair on the toilet and urine as well.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Cutty Sark,right up the street.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
54 Thank kostiew

Travelers are raving about these York Beach hotels

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2006

My family and I just came back from a 5-day stay at the Sea Latch and we definitely recommend it! I was concerned about the motel after reading some of the reviews here but we had a wonderful time and will definitely be going back there! We found none of the problems that others mentioned -- the motel was clean, the rooms small but very clean, the air conditioning worked wonderfully (and this was during the week that there were over 100 degree days), the pool was very clean, and the people at the desk were very courteous! I don't know why others mentioned they had problems -- we never did and are recommending it to everyone we speak with! A high percentage of the other guests we spoke with were repeat guests -- some had been coming for many years. The Sea Latch is a very family-friendly place with lots of families staying there for the second (and third) generation! Stay There!!!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
14 Thank sunsunsunsun
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2006

I can't believe any review whom liked this place, I totally agree with the others before
that were posted, do not stay here. It is highway robbery, not worth
the cost of the so-called ocean view, that can be viewed if you dare go
on the wobbly third floor patio. The pool? Yuck, dirty, very dirty. The
rooms smelled musty. Was there even a phone in the room to use? Can't
even remember seeing one. Oh yea, and the little coffee shop was out of
anything by 930 am........ok take a chance if you want, but don't say
you were not warned first.

• Stayed September 2005
57 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2005

This hotel should be condemned. It was terrible, what we thought was going to be a great trip, was a nightmare. What the web advertises as a fresh water swimming pool, well ok if you like green water. We stayed in the Manor house, the pictures on the website must of been taken a long time ago. It didn't look like that. It was dark, dingy, unclean, gross. The door on the screened porch didnt work, the balconey was unsafe, the towels were little, the small fridge didnt work, the water trickled out of the faucet, the rugs were dirty, the hall had dead moths on it. OK do I need to go on? I think maybe staying at the Bates or the Roach Motel may have been better than this. Don't waste your money.

57 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chelmsford, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2005

The location is great (right across from the Ocean), but the motel itself is old and not in that great of shape. We could barely unlock our door and had a hard time locking and unlocking it every time we went out. Plus the rooms do not face the ocean, so I was very disappointed. I had thought I would be able to sit outside my room and gaze at the water, but I couldn't see it because the rooms faced in. The room itself was small and kind of musty smelling. I might go back, but I doubt it.

• Stayed September 2004
#1 of 4 in York Harbor
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sea Latch Motor Inn? Share your experiences!