“We loved the Sea Latch and will definitely be back soon!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Latch Motor Inn

Sea Latch Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Boston
“We loved the Sea Latch and will definitely be back soon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2006

My family and I just came back from a 5-day stay at the Sea Latch and we definitely recommend it! I was concerned about the motel after reading some of the reviews here but we had a wonderful time and will definitely be going back there! We found none of the problems that others mentioned -- the motel was clean, the rooms small but very clean, the air conditioning worked wonderfully (and this was during the week that there were over 100 degree days), the pool was very clean, and the people at the desk were very courteous! I don't know why others mentioned they had problems -- we never did and are recommending it to everyone we speak with! A high percentage of the other guests we spoke with were repeat guests -- some had been coming for many years. The Sea Latch is a very family-friendly place with lots of families staying there for the second (and third) generation! Stay There!!!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
14 Thank sunsunsunsun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2006

I can't believe any review whom liked this place, I totally agree with the others before
that were posted, do not stay here. It is highway robbery, not worth
the cost of the so-called ocean view, that can be viewed if you dare go
on the wobbly third floor patio. The pool? Yuck, dirty, very dirty. The
rooms smelled musty. Was there even a phone in the room to use? Can't
even remember seeing one. Oh yea, and the little coffee shop was out of
anything by 930 am........ok take a chance if you want, but don't say
you were not warned first.

• Stayed September 2005
57 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these York Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2005

This hotel should be condemned. It was terrible, what we thought was going to be a great trip, was a nightmare. What the web advertises as a fresh water swimming pool, well ok if you like green water. We stayed in the Manor house, the pictures on the website must of been taken a long time ago. It didn't look like that. It was dark, dingy, unclean, gross. The door on the screened porch didnt work, the balconey was unsafe, the towels were little, the small fridge didnt work, the water trickled out of the faucet, the rugs were dirty, the hall had dead moths on it. OK do I need to go on? I think maybe staying at the Bates or the Roach Motel may have been better than this. Don't waste your money.

57 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chelmsford, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2005

The location is great (right across from the Ocean), but the motel itself is old and not in that great of shape. We could barely unlock our door and had a hard time locking and unlocking it every time we went out. Plus the rooms do not face the ocean, so I was very disappointed. I had thought I would be able to sit outside my room and gaze at the water, but I couldn't see it because the rooms faced in. The room itself was small and kind of musty smelling. I might go back, but I doubt it.

• Stayed September 2004
13 Thank bcabc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2005

Booked a 2 night stay for the location. I was willing to accept the dumpy appearance, and ancient furniture to be so close to the beach. I was willing to tolerate bugs in the bathtub, a very odd (cleanser) odor, and the smallest, threadbare towels ever. I was even willing to deal with the terrible mattress, and sick, tired looking envelope from the maid begging a tip.
That is, until I awoke (not sure if I slept much at all) with a terrible allergic reaction. I could hardly breathe. I have seasonal allergies, but this was severe. I slept a few hours in my car, and asked to cancel for the following night.

The two women at the counter were accomodating. They apologized and asked me to pay for night 1, and they'd refund (prepaid) night 2. I was miserable, but fair is fair. I stayed 1, I payed for 1.

The man in charge entered, and proceeded to berate me for wanting a refund on the second night. He basically called me a liar and accused me of trying to cheat him out of his money. His opinion was that I should've moved rooms at 3:00 a.m. My opinion: If one is moldy, they're probably all moldy. I didn't ask for a free stay, I only asked to be allowed to leave, and not pay for the time I wouldn't be there. The man was a (-). Beware.

Horrible experience, terrible attitude by the man in charge. If you have any risk of airborne allergy, avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed September 2005
46 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2005

My wife and I stopped at the Sea Latch on our way home from touring the New Hampshire and Maine mountains to view the fall foliage. How surprised we were to get a last minute rooms with an efficiency, a king bed (very comfortable) and a jacuzzi. We even stayed an extgra night.
Just reviewing the brochures and literature we picked up during our touring this past fall and it reminded us of the sea latch and the very interesting town of York. It was nice to go to sleep with the sound of the ocean.

• Stayed October 2004
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Billerica, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2004

The Sealatch Motel in York Beach is absolute Highway Robbery!! We paid $180/night for an "efficiency" room. Here are some of the things this did NOT include: a phone, an alarm clock (or any clock for that matter), an iron or ironing board, a toothbrush holder, a soap dish, a pen or paper- nothing in this room! The towels were paper thin, rough, and the size of hand towels. We had to ask to have our room cleaned because it had been skipped by the maid. And our supposed non-smoking room wreaked of stale cigarette smoke from the moment we opened the door. To top off a great stay, the last night and morning we had no hot water because the "gas man had not delivered the propane". We were not compensated for any of these inconveniences, and it is shocking how much they are able to charge while supplying so little in return. By the way, the only view most rooms get is of the parking lot, you have to leave your room to see the ocean.

48 Thank erbeevore
#1 of 4 in York Harbor
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sea Latch Motor Inn? Share your experiences!