Located directly across from Long Sands Beach, this hotel certainly looks nice, but needs some serious updating. I found the rates to be WAY too high for the quality. $170 a night should not have a broken ice machine, a warm mini fridge (no ice cube trays), and mold in the bathroom. When we asked for pool towels, we were told just use the ones in your room. Then we were told that we should have brought our own beach towels. There are no phones in the rooms, and the TV is a small 19 inch. Now, given the location, this wouldn't normally be an issue - as you're there for the beach. But remember that this is Maine...and there are rainy times. Also, the free hot breakfast is a $6 voucher for the Lobster Cove restaurant. The Jacuzzi is your bathtub, with jets. Barely big enough for one, no less two. Deck chairs look nice, but are weathered, with moldy spots on many. Staff was pleasant enough, but not knowledgeable when we asked if there was a pub or sports bar nearby. On the plus side...the sound of the ocean was lovely, the location is good, Bed was comfortable, and linens were clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Latch Motel, located across from Long Sands Beach in York Beach, Maine, boasts a stunning, scenic view of the ocean and offers a diverse choice of accommodations including rooms, efficiencies, cottages and suites. New for 2014, our Manor House has been replaced with a brand new, three-story, all-suite building.In addition to the on-site amenities including a swimming pool, free parking and free hot breakfast at the Lobster Cove restaurant, the York Beach area offers a wealth of attractions to keep you entertained, satisfied and wishing summer in New England could last forever. During your stay you may consider lounging on Long Sands Beach, visiting York's Wild Kingdom or nearby Nubble Lighthouse. And don't forget about the dozens of shopping opportunities at the infamous Kittery Outlets.Between the feel of the sea breeze, the warmth of summer air, the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves lapping the shore, the memories of your visit to York Beach Maine will surely become lifelong treasures.We are family-owned and operated and our goal is to make you feel at home, while you're away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sea Latch Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Latch Hotel York Beach
- Sea Latch Motor Inn Maine/York - York Beach