“Moments to Remember”
Review of Atlantic House Inn

Atlantic House Inn
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Thanks to the management the stay was superb, The staff answer our request and where there when ever we needed them.
The room was great, clean up to date and comfortable we loved the fire place.
The restaurant GiGi was a little slow but we were on vacation and that's what its about taken in the peacefulness, But I must say the food was excellent I had the sword fish.
I have to mention the Italian pastry and bread bakery was out of this world.
Would I go again "yes"

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ernie B
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations and gave you moments to remember. We are so fortunate to have such great vendor partners in our building and are glad that you enjoyed GiGi's and the Italian bakery! See you next time.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently stayed (July 2013) at the Atlantic House in York, Maine. We would highly recommend this hotel. The people and accomodations were exceptional. Staff friendly, greeted us daily-asking about our needs. The accomodations were beautiful! We were able to park close by, walk literally across the street to the beach. Definitely convenient for so many things. Staff and hotel made our trip!

S&T

4  Thank SteveT2013
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review Steve! We are overwhelmed by the positive responses we have received from our guests this season. Our proximity to the beach is just one of the many things our guests are raving about; this great location, coupled with the outstanding businesses and restaurants located right on site. Lest we not forget - our staff is extraordinary and we are proud of the fact that they really understand that gracious hospitality sets us apart from our competitors and keeps our new and loyal guests coming back. So thank you again for taking time to let us know we again accomplished our mission. See you next visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel quite frequently and before I travel, I usually do check out the reviews on sites such as this because my my expectations and standards are high. My family has vacationed in York Maine for over 20 years and we are pretty familiar with the surroundings so I did not bother to check out the reviews for this place or the ownership- Rivers By The Sea. I also usually do not take the time to write a review until now but because of all of the negative publicity that this new ownership has had to endure from the corrupt previous owners- Rivers By The Sea, I felt compelled to do so. Please do not be fooled by the negative reviews or comments that a previous reviewer and others have had to say- these are all about the former Atlantic House that was owned and operated by Rivers By The Sea - which by the way is all accurate. During my time there I witnessed the staff receive many inquiries about gift certificates that were not honored and other problems they were having regarding the previous ownership. Cathy Chalue, the General Manager, and her staff were more than gracious to try and assist them to try and make things right and it is really to bad that they have received a negative review because they do not deserve this. If it were not for Cathy Chalue and Myles (a staff member) we would not have had a family vacation. My family can not begin to put into words how wonderful our stay was at the Atlantic House July 21-26 2013. They truly helped to make a really bad situation into a vacation for us. Our experience may seem surreal to those who read this review, but it is the honest truth. Not only were the rooms spacious and beautiful, the accommodations were immaculate. This is a place where the staff take pride in the services that they provide and they all make it a point to genuinely care about you as their guest. Cathy is an incredible compassionate human being and she has gone above and beyond anything that my family( all 12 of us) and I could have ever imagined. The staff -Myles and Morgan- who were there during our stay, are also delightful, caring young men that have wonderful moral character. If the goal of the team at the Atlantic House Inn is to strive to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible- you have accomplished this and far exceeded that goal. I am forever grateful for meeting these wonderful people and I would recommend anyone to stay here. I can guaranty that you will not be disappointed. I also wanted to note that Linda, Harold and Steve in the- My Winey Sister store(a wine specialty store that is located in the Atlantic House) are also wonderful caring people. Thank you to all of you and I know we will be seeing you all again soon.

5  Thank Susan J
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Atlantic House Inn. We too think highly of our General Manager Kathy Chalue and her wonderful team! We absolutely appreciate the time you took to write about how much you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful boutique hotel and for giving the new ownership and management group a chance to earn your trust. Have a great summer and we'll see you on your next trip to York Beach.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

WOW, Is the only one word to describe this place. During the recent heatwave my family of 5 ,and extended family and their children stayed here.Starting with the front desk staff,[ especially Catherine ] it was a whirlwind of delights. with easy access to the beach and Yorks other amenities it was fantastic for the adults and the children. with all that heat, the AC WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH to make a nice cool haven to retreat to when you weren't in the ocean. The in-house bakery with its fresh aromatic treats made it easy to get a loaf of out of the oven italian bread to make sandwiches for the beach during the day, then the new restaurant in the evening. the room was unique and spectacular, with an upstairs loft style bedroom it was a cinch to accommodate my teenage girls and their friends and cousins while maintaining my wife and i privacy. the value for what you get is beyond compare this is one place ill be returning to for years to come!!!!

Room Tip: every room is different and worth looking at for your personal taste
5  Thank pat c
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our beautiful Atlantic House Inn. We too believe that the charm and uniqueness of our quaint boutique hotel is a treat to those who are looking for place that is different from cookie-cutter hotel products. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to let us know we accomplished our mission.... to make you feel special, welcomed and pampered! See you next visit!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Under new management. Very attentive and efficient service. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Staff is always friendly to a fault. Close walk to short sands beach, gift stores and dining. Condos are spacious and well equipped.

4  Thank tom g
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your trip to the Atlantic House Inn! It's nice to know when people are happy and satisfied with our accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future! Thank you for giving us a try.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Step into the luxurious condo-suites and you will instantly feel relaxed and pampered. My boyfriend and I stayed here in June and really appreciated its proximity to short sands beach. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant and I will not hesitate to come back again leaving all my worries behind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diana F
Linda K, Management Company at Atlantic House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We are delighted that you were happy with your stay at the Atlantic House Inn in York Beach. It makes us happy to know that our efforts at making each guest experience as close to perfect as possible were realized. Thank you for taking time to let us know that we fulfilled another satisfied customer and I will be happy to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is under new ownership & management & we had a fabulous weekend. The rooms have all been recently renovated & were beautiful!
The staff was more than gracious & everything was within walking distance.
A quaint little town with great shopping & dining.
We cannot wait to go back again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen size suite with a connecting room....very spacious & comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Doreen W

We can’t begin to tell you how happy it made us to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Atlantic House Inn while you were in York Beach And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York Beach
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Atlantic House Inn? Share your experiences!