“Gorgeous Setting”

Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great place to go after the beach. Casual dress. You can't beat the setting on the ocean. The waitstaff was very pleasant and the service was good. However, I found the food very average which is unfortunate as it is not a cheap place to eat. On the whole, I would recommend it for setting and convenience.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Though this may not have the importance to some as is does to us I find it to be very valid. Earlier this evening I went into Sun & Surf with my handicapped fiance and our special needs dog (who was completely encased in a bag and is 4 lbs as well as hypoallergenic). We were seated outside by the hostess and given menus. There were about 20 guests dining on the deck as well. As we prepared to order we had a man dressed in shirt and tie, I can only imagine the assistant manager, follow us to our table. We had just become comfortable when he announced in front of every patron around us. We and our dog were not welcome. In utter embarrassment we stood up as he stood there beside us waiting to escort us out. My handicapped, veteran fiance as well as myself with a double break in my ankle. We chose to escape out the back gate. In our favor about 7 other diners followed simply out of disgust and contempt for this person all to give they're sincere apologies and to pet our sweet dog. Though sun and surf is an enormous tourist attraction. I beg if you have any love for animals and your country. Please stand behind us. Do not eat at an establishment. I've worked in this industry for many years and I'm quite familiar with the etiquette. This is a poorly run business and if the front staff acting this way is acceptable, I know for a fact the kitchen is many steps below. There's a spectacular restaurant a half mile down the road with impeccable manners. I'm still sick from being treated this way. Please stand behind us.

7  Thank jennluvssox
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Ate breakfast 2 days in a row at this awesome place. The view was to die for, the service was top notch, and the food was phenomenal. Next time I am in town, I will eat lunch and dinner here. I recommend both the meat omelet and the Irish Benedict. I would have had 2 servings, but my bellie wouldn't have allowed me to eat more. I could of sat there all day for with the magnificent view.

1  Thank SatTx
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We enjoyed a nice dinner here overlooking the water and the beach. Good food and reasonable price. Tip- bring along a sweater if you sit outside. Very windy.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were here on a Tuesday for lunch. The service was a bit slow, maybe they were just gearing up for the summer, it was early June. Our waitress was busy with other tables and it seemed a bit much for her. I heard another table complain about their waitress. The food was good though, and I would return.