“I forgot how bad it was!”

Fox's Lobster House
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York Beach, Maine
“I forgot how bad it was!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stopped tonight to have a simple meal on the patio. I ordered a fish sandwich which was edible, but that is the best compliment I can manage. My husband ordered the fried shrimp which were also edible, but the tartar sauce (heinz) came in a packet. The last time we dined inside, we ordered boiled lobster which came with a disgusting margarine mixture - not butter. Forty years ago, it was our favorite restaurant, we will not be returning again.

2 Thank berkshirejean

Granby, Quebec, Canada
“Intoxicated”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Last summer, my husband and I went to this restaurant that seemed at first pretty good for fresh... lobster. At most 1 hr later, I started experiencing what seemed to be symptoms of food poisining and was very ill .

2 Thank Happytraveler1953
worcestershire
“does what it says on the tin Lobster”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

A good lobster resaurant right by Cape Neddick Light and on a cold October day was very welcoming with a wonderful blueberry martini

Skaneateles, NY
“Fox's Lobster House exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

You cannot beat the location and menu. Prices are fairly reasonable for such fresh seafood. The decor is more upscale than your average lobster joint and the new bar is lovely. I had the lobster pie, clam chowder, and steamed clams. Everything I tasted was excellent. I definitely recommend lunch or dinner at Fox's. Although I'm sure the pies are wonderful, we saved room for ice cream at Brown's down the road, which has fantastic hard ice cream flavors.

Culver City
“All the way from CA, with love...”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Unlike a lot of the reviews, I went here for LOBSTER. Pure and simple. Steamed and wonderful. Guess I'm a purist, but the quality and price were amazing. Loved them, all three...
Then had a religious experience when I tasted the Blueberry pie with Vanilla ice cream.
Bottom line, if you're in the area, this place is an absolute must! And if you aren't, it's worth the drive. I come from Los Angeles, and there's nothing on the west coast to match it.

1 Thank computerprofessor