“My favorite restaurant in York!”

Fox's Lobster House
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Plymouth, MA
“My favorite restaurant in York!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to visit and stayed in Wells, ME and we went to Fox's. Me and my wife he been here 4 or 5 times and always get the Shore Dinner. It is a bit expensive but the food was great. The server we had was really good with us and our 2 kids. I will always come back here. And the view of Nubble is amazing!

1 Thank bigben1029

Vermont
“Love the food with a view.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Love eating and looking at the lighthouse. Try the new Crazy Crumb Stuffing. I had mine with the lobster. Great taste combination with panko, crushed kettle chips and parmesan cheese. My husband had the blueberry pie and said it was fantastic.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank bnbss
Gloversville, New York
“Great Location; Decent Food; Good Service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We've eaten here a few times over the years and always found it acceptable. If we had any complaint it was that the Nubble Light House was out of service and thus the ambiance suffered a bit. If that's important, check before you go, as it's been out for a couple weeks (June, 2013).
We had a corner seat which gave us each a good view of the coast or the light house. It's tough to get a bad seat in there.
Our waiter was in his first night of making the transition from kitchen to waiting tables, and though he apologized for a couple things, he really did a decent job.
Our food was prepared in timely fashion and presented well. My wife had a basic boiled lobster and I opted for the seafood platter. My original thought that the platter was a bit pricey was overcome when the meal was presented. It was a perfect, flaky filet of haddock with ample quantities of clams, shrimp and scallops all served over a good heap of tasty fries. Worth the price! The scallops literally melted in my mouth!

2 Thank BillP1215
Cape Neddick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice view, average food”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently ate here while in town for a memorial service. Several in our party had the pasta (with either shrimp and scallops or lobster). The pasta was overcooked, very starchy, although the lemon garlic flavor was delightful. The scallops were rather mushy. The shrimp was fine. Another in our party ordered the "haddock" fish and chips and said, "I'm not sure this is haddock. It has an odd taste, and not of haddock". The food did come in a timely manner. The wait person was pleasant. For the price though, I would have expected a better food experience. The view is wonderful, can't get enough of the ocean!

Tacoma, Washington
“Lobster!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you are looking to enjoy some lobster in a setting with a great view of a light house, you'll love this place. We had the fried lobster tails and twin lobster meal (Hubby and I shared both). The deep fried tails were good, but not near as good as the whole, steamed lobsters! Prices were not cheap. Our dinner was $87 for the two meals and two blueberry beers (which were awesome). Great view and service!

Visited June 2013