“Fantastic Blueberry Pie”

Fox's Lobster House
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fantastic Blueberry Pie”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did not eat in the restaurant but ordered from the patio. My wife had a lobster roll and I had fresh blueberry pie, which I was told is made from scratch everyday. The lobster roll was fantastic and the blueberry pie was the best I have ever eaten in my entire life ! If you are anywhere near York Beach, ME you should come for the food and the view of the lighthouse is an extra treat.

1 Thank GilB867

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food and great view!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Of course this restaurant is at the Nubble lighthouse. We decided to eat at the outdoor part. We only had the haddock chowder but it was very good. It was thick with plenty of haddock, although not chunks, which is what I prefer. More haddock than potatoes.

If you just want to try something while visting the lighthouse, the haddock chowder is the way to go.

1 Thank johndh2011
Boston
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The view is amazing... The portions were incredible... I got the Lobster Mac and Cheese... Not only could I not finish it, but the pieces of lobster in it were enormous... Worth every cent!!!

Visited September 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Worst place I've eaten during my New England trip”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I read the reviews and decided to eat at Fox's after visiting the Nubble Point Light House. The restaurant is conveniently located on the opposite end of the small parking lot that services the light house. As noted in the reviews, this is a very beautiful location. The restaurant has awesome views overlooking the ocean and was very clean inside. Many seafood restaurants tend to have grease on the table surfaces but not this one. Whenever I go to a new restaurant, I typically ask the waiter/waitress or the cook, what is the signature dish or what is the most popular dish on the menu. I has immediately directed to a baked lobster dish with their delicious breadcrumbs. I agreed to the recommendation. My baked lobster dish came in a small, 5"x3"x1" dish. It contained a few large chunks of lobster and an overabundant amount of their famous breadcrumbs. The dish was intensely salty. There was no real sauce but rather lots of watery substance in the bottom of the dish. This, along with parts of the dish still cold indicated that this dish was frozen and not freshly prepared at the time I ordered. I stirred the dish to mix the cold and hot portions so that I could continue eating. I did not send it back to the kitchen...something I never do for a number of reasons. The side dishes were equally lacking in taste. My broccoli tasted like it came right out of the freezer bag and the cole slaw was below average. All of this coupled with a large bill resulted in one big disappointment. It is unfortunate because this restaurant has the location. It has great potential if they could only turn out good food. I should have obeyed my instincts and leave when I noticed that it was 6PM on a Friday night and the place was only 30% filled. Do yourself a favor, visit the light house, enjoy the awesome ocean views, and search out a lobster restaurant where the locals hang out.

4 Thank aj_travelboy
Austin, Texas
“Location, Location, Location!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

How can you beat eating Maine lobster with a lighthouse in view? Perfect spot! Great lobster dinner. Great service. I even had room for the Wild Maine Blueberry Pie for dessert! It was a bit pricey, but you're paying for the view...and it's priceless. My one complaint: I ordered iced tea & it was instant - yuck!

• Visited August 2012