. Date: August 13-15th
I booked at the Anchorage Inn and then read trip advisor: I wasn't sure what to expect.
The desk clerks: Were very unfair. I arrived early at 11 am to see if possibly my room would be ready. I was advised that most likely my room would not be ready until 3 but I could check back around 1pm. This is standard practice so I understood. They asked if I could pay for my room in the Atrium which I gladly did. I came back around 1pm, stood in line and the couple in front of me received their keys to their room in the atrium. When it was my turn I was told "sorry it would not be ready until 3" . First impression means everything.
The rooms were clean, but very outdated. The bathrooms were in need of some repairs, tile and paint.
Pools: were very over crowded, be careful of your children when sliding in the pool.
The poolside cafe: reasonably priced and convenient.
Overall - alot of money for poor service, and outdated rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 202 Room Ocean Front Hotel with 2 indoor, 1 outdoor seasonal pool with slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Anchorage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Hotel York Beach
- Anchorage Resort York Beach
- Anchorage Inn York Maine
- Anchorage Inn Maine/York - York Beach