“Wonderful”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Barre, Vermont
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here the weekend after Memorial Weekend, The staff were wonderful, thoughtful. The weather turned unusually warm, very early, The out door pool staff were very helpful and mindful of the unusually strong sun. they provided umbrellas sun burn reminders. to watch out for the sun. The room was nice even though it was not on the ocean front view. I loved that there was a children's area including an area just for the adults. The grass and ocean views were wonderful. Just being able to be poolside and ocean side a walk from the parking lot was special. I would stay there again. Highly recommend this as a nice resort.

Room Tip: choose rooms on the ocean side of the complex, not across the street
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancee444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
new london
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading some reviews I was a little concerned about this Inn. I was so presently surprised. It was fresh, clean and the decor was perfect. The rooms were not large but adequate. You cannot beat the location, right acrorss from the beach. We walked and ran in the evening and again in the morning. Although the inn was not full there were several other guests and we never heard a noise . The restaurant across the street is excellent. The food is tasteful and well presented. The wait staff were friendly and professional Will return again as
soon as the weather breaks. Don't miss this great inn.

Room Tip: There is a light right outside your room and the room is quite bright. Bring a sleep mask if you nee...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were travelling Maine for fall colors, found this location across from the beach. There was no reservation and apparently a bus tour was taking the lower priced rooms. We ended up with an ocean view, 2nd floor or above, at a little higher cost than anticipated; however, towards the end of the season, many other motels were already closed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JackinSF
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the anchorage Inn this past week. The people at the desk, Mona, and her assistant treated my wife and me as if we were the only people at the Inn. These kind women upgraded our room to an ocean view and spent time talking with us about things to do and see while in York, Maine.

Mona took the time to treat us as "special"guests." For that we are grateful and we plan to recommend Anchorage Inn as a patron friendly establishment.

Charles and Robin

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Charles T
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was part of a bus tour travelling through Maine and when our bus arrived, the staff was waiting outside with welcome smiles to help us get settled. The view was wonderful and you HAVE to go to the Sun & Surf restaurant across the street. They were excellent as well.
Upon leaving, the staff sent us off with some departing gifts and well-wishes on our trip. They were utterly fantastic and I can't wait to go back one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for a little getaway over Labor Day weekend. It was the perfect place for us.

The staff were all friendly and helpful, and on more than one occasion showed personal interest in us, asking us about ourselves. I really liked this personal touch.

We stayed in the new Ocean Suites, and it was fantastic. Everything in the room was new and clean, and the balcony gave us a beautiful view of the ocean. I usually have a hard time sleeping, but the bed was so comfortable that I slept like a log all three nights.

The hotel is in a great location -- very calm and relaxing next to the beach, but a short drive to York Village or Ogunquit to do some shopping or eating out. The restaurant across the street - the Sun and Surf - had both great food and service, and it was really nice to sit out right over the water.

We can't wait to go back next summer!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ron, Mona, Patty, Stayed week of Sept 17,2013 Thank you all very much again for making my stay in York Beach Maine fantastic !!!!! Just love the Anchorage Inn at York best place to stay. The location and the pool and of course the beach just steps away . But what makes me come twice a year or more is the people who are their for your vacation needs and those are the names I mentioned above and all the other staff that make a great vacation. Once again I leave and have many good memories of my trip. Thank again Ron, Mona, Patty for always going above and beyond to service me. I wish you all a Happy Fall !!!! Cant not wait to return for a day of whale watching with Ron and to add pages of our book we are all writing !!!LOL Be Safe and miss you guys already !!!!!!! See you Soon I hope , Kathy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stage Neck Inn
Stage Neck Inn
#2 of 4 in York Harbor
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!