“WOW!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Boston
“WOW!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in a first floor Ocean Suite Aug 2-4 for a girl's weekend. Everything from beginning to end was fabulous. The Ocean Suites Building has it's own private parking area and pool. They have Happy Hour from 5-6 pm with complimentary beer and wine, as well as a continental breakfast in the morning. Absolutely loved being in our own private area...well worth the price of the room.

The hotel is located across the street from Long Sands Beach, very easy to get to. There is also a Trolley that you can take into town if you want to walk around and shop which we did. We had dinner at the Sun and Surf, which is the hotel's restaurant right across the street. The food was excellent and the view was amazing. I cannot wait to come back and stay at the Anchorage again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Although the hotel is right across from the water, we had a negative experience. Our room was in the atrium (with a view of the parking lot), right near the elevator. I don't recommend this if you're a light sleeper. On the first day, they brought us 2 flimsy bed rails for our kids. One was badly stained! Then the tv set died. Next, the patio door wouldn't open. A maintenance person had to play around with a switch on the wall to bring the tv back to life. He mentioned the patio screen door needing new rollers, though this wasn't fixed during our stay. As for housecleaning, they stole my husband's watch! When I followed up with the front desk, they put me on hold for awhile, then into voicemail. I would say it's very unlikely that we'll return.

2 Thank Meredith A

Travelers are raving about these York Beach hotels

Boston
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just spent 3 days at the Anchorage and have no complaints. Great location right across from the beach, indoor an outdoor pools for the kids, nicely appointed room. No complaints. We will visit again! There is a small cafe in the main lobby with a full bar, an added bonus. The staff were very friendly and attentive to the needs of the guests. My room was recently renovated and we found it to be very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated. They redo a block of rooms each year...
1 Thank Jess H
Boscawen, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family of 3 has stayed at the Anchorage for a few years in a row and I have to say, this year was a total disappointment. Last year I booked too late and got stuck in the Atrium building out back. Nice room, but the whole place stunk like chlorine because of the indoor pool and of course, no view. So this year I booked early, using the hotel's online booking system - not a booking site, the hotel's very own site. I booked the third floor ocean front at a premium due to the view. When I arrived, I was informed that our room was "behind the office building" and really had no view. She informed me that "had I called them, I would have gotten a better room", but since I booked online, this is what I got. I let her know that wasn't acceptable and I asked her to change our room and of course, she couldn't. There was no offer of a discount for the lousy view. On top of this issue, was the man at the front desk who thinks he's some kind of stand up comic. Very unprofessional and very irritating. So we go to our overpriced non-view room and what do we find? The heat was on, the a/c was on and the pictures on the wall were so cock-eyed it was ridiculous. Talk about a total lack of attention to detail and certainly makes you wonder about how much attention was paid to cleaning the room. The room smelled stale and was in dire need of a re-do. The bathroom (toilet and shower only - sink on OUTSIDE of room) was so small you'd have more space in a porta-potty. Not an exaggeration. And the pool, let's just say the pool rules were made to be broken, as evidenced by all the wild kids not being watched by parents. We couldn't afford to lose our money, so we were stuck in this tiny, dingy room for three days. And to top it all off, when we checked out, not a single person asked us about our stay. Very sad and very disappointing. Our family will be looking elsewhere next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sheila B
Mass
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in the main building room 110. This room, and I suspect the entire building, needs a major overhaul. It was barely big enough for me, my sister in law and our 2 small children. We were grossed out by the smell and condition of the room. The pool area is good for what it is. The motel is a perfect location to the beach, local attractions and restaurants, however we will not be returning to the Anchorage Inn, at least not the main building. At $248 per night (mind you there's a 2 night min) we can find much cleaner and bigger hotel rooms.

4 Thank goingtoPDCinapril
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our third year and once again, great location and service. The rooms were available when we arrived and the housekeeping staff were nothing but professional. The staff at the front desk were very accommodating. My only concern or request would be to see more recycling containers around the Facilities. Already booked for next year!
Jamie D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
queensbury
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've stayed at the Anchorage Inn a ton of times and every time they do a great job. It's hard to find a place in Maine on the beach with so many amenities! They have 2indoor pools. An outdoor pool and an indoor and outdoor hot tub!!! They offer towel Sevice for the pool which is so nice. The buildings are so well maintained and the staff is eager to please. We usually stay on the 3rd floor for the best view. You can see Nubble Lighthouse from the balcony!! The rooms are clean but tight if you have 2 queen beds. The king bed rooms have more room. Each room has a frig which is convenient. There are 3 good restaurant within walking distance. A trolley that stops in front of the hotel. The list goes in and on. We love it!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor for a great view. Get a room with only one bed for more space in the room. There is no ele...
1 Thank tracy b
Stage Neck Inn
#2 of 4 in York Harbor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!