“too noisy”
Review of Anchorage Inn

Anchorage Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed there two years in a row now, but I have had nothing but bad vacations. The room were too high price for the size of them. The front desk is very rude, when I came to visit last year for a couple of days. My friends and I were interrogate about our age and what our intention were here.There is no where on your site that states you have to be 21 of age or older to rent a room. I would highly think about staying here, I would look around for better hotel and cottages.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Dylan S
AnchorageInnManager, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hi Dylan S,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay in July 2012.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the front desk was rude upon check-in and that the prices were too high for the size. We do our best to be a competitive as possible compared to hotels in the surrounding area and frequently compare our prices to what is offered locally.

I appreciate your feedback on your stay and that the age policy is not available on our website. I will certainly look into having this corrected.

We do hope that you were able to enjoy Long Sands Beach and all that York has to offer.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent just one night at the hotel over the last weekend, with the kids spending time with friends at the indoor pool in the main office building, while watching the Sunday football games. We have been to the hotel several times in the past, and the facility is always very clean and weel-maintained. The rooms in the "Atrium" building are quite small, but designed to sleep in only really. The length of the building 4 foot pool in that building is nice for lounging and the kids enjoy the convenience of the water right outside their door. The office building houses the larger pool and hot tub, serves cocktails and breakfast, and works well for families to just "hang out" during the offseason where the pool is the attraction. I love the beach across the street, and spend lots of time at the beach during the summer. The main hotel building needs updating, which I believe is underway, but they have built a third new building in the past few years as well with larger suites. The price is convenient off-season, and overall a good time and a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms that offer "limited ocean view" in the Atrium building are very limited, so may not...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hi Ken D,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay!

We are thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy the two pools along with the beach. You are certainly correct that we are in the process of updating another block of rooms in the Main Building. Some of the rooms were updated last winter and another portion is underway currently! We are lucky that it is primarily work such as painting, hanging sheet-rock, and other "quiet" work that doesn't disturb other guests.

Thank you for choosing the Anchorage on your most recent trip to York - we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spouse and I stayed on a Sat. night in December for a weekend escape. We usually stay elsewhere but it was booked so we tried the Anchorage, we had stayed here many years ago once. The price was right for off season. We stayed in the main bldg. The room was very small and dated, time for a makeover. However renovations were underway in another part of the building . That is good. The room as out of style as it was , WAS very clean and the bed comfortable.Room could use a coffee pot there was coffee in lobby for a price. The staff in the office was great. The ocean is across the street so the view is great.
With renovation this place would be great otherwise I will pass. Average score as is.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NHguy33
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 11/2 and 11/3/12. Check in was easy and the staff friendly. The room was clean but small. It could have been because it had a king bed. This venue should be update soon it is getting old. We did not spend much time in the room so it didn't matter. We had an ocean view which was great. Nice little deck to sit on. Small but big enough for 2. Nice indoor pool that ran the length of the building. We had a weekend special that included dinner for 2 at the restaurant across the street. We had what amounted to a $70 dinner. The staff at the restaurant was fast and professional. The food was great. We had scallops and a seafood stir fry. The entire meal was 3 course and you could have anything on the menu except the stuffed lobster. We went back the next night and paid for our meal which was just as good as the previous nights meal. I would stay here again because on it's proximity to the beach and it was clean. There are 3 buildings. One is a brand new one which has suites. The price is a lot more.

Room Tip: Ask for the atrium and the ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnchorageInnManager, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Hi Edward T,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our off season getaway package that included the dinner for two at Sun'n Surf. It is great to hear how good the food was!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my third stay at the Anchorage. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a king room. We hadn't been here in two years and the room had been updated. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is very small but the rooms are comfortable and very clean. Right across the street from the beach. We have stayed here three times, for fall trips to the beach. Very close to the outlets. Desk staff are very friendly. We disuse the indoor pool and the woman who was working in the bar/kitchen area was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: No elevator so choose your floor carefully. We were there overnight and like the 3rd floor for the v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Farrell105,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay.

We are thrilled to hear that you found the rooms comfortable and clean and our staff to be friendly! I will share your feedback about Maxine, our cafe associate, with our team. Thank you again for choosing the Anchorage!

Hope to see you again soon -

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My number one reason for going to the seaside is the ocean. Our room had a beautiful view and I could hear the surf - that is totally relaxing for me. The beds and furnishings were very comfortable and of very good quality. The room has a mini fridge - would love to have a coffee pot or a microwave, but we did fine without them this trip. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean. The fitness room has basic equipment so you can stay on track if you work out on a regular basis like I do. But I walked the beach so much that I only used the gym one of the 3 days we were there. I would return and highly recommend it.

Previous reviewers talked about noise. We were there in Oct, lots of leaf peepers, yes, we could hear a little noise though the walls, but nothing worse than any place we have ever stayed, and no noise at night to wake us up. In the peak of summer that might be different but the hotel was pretty full when we were there.

The WIFI is great, we were able to watch Netflix on our laptop, strong signal even with a very full hotel.

My husband and I enjoyed our stay and we would return.

Room Tip: Some recommend the third floor oceanfront. No elevators, we were fine on the 2nd floor, I wouldn'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Aslan50mac -

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us.

We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the sound of the ocean while you stayed with us! We appreciate the feedback on the 2nd floor view vs. the 3rd floor and were glad to hear that you enjoyed the 2nd floor!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Anchorage is located right across the street from a beautiful beach. There are good views even from the first floor. The rooms are very clean and have good free wifi. The beds are comfortable and there are plenty of towels provided. The service is friendly and the location is perfect for anything you want to do in the York/Ogunquit/Wells area. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hi DuffyNC -

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review of your stay.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy your trip to the Anchorage & Long Sands Beach! I will share your service feedback with our staff - we sincerely appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you again the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York Beach
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!