“Cute little place”

Molly O's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great food, I recommend the blueberry pancakes. Go early as the weekend is crowded. It is a very small place and they close early. They are right off the beach.

1  Thank deniselamb

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My fiancé and I went to Mollyo's today thinking it would be a welcoming mom and pop kind of diner, however our experience was the complete opposite. The only enjoyable part of going in there was a little 11 month old baby that was sitting across from us. It was full of "regulars" who could tell we were from out of town. We were stared at from the time we walked in until the time we left. We both were dressed appropriately and the way we were looked at was as if we walked straight out of the slums. The service was fine but the food was awful and cold. I barely touched my food and put the plate infront of me, you think someone would have acknowledge the fact, but I had to pull a waitress aside and tell them I was unhappy with the food and so wasn't my fiancés. The owner was nice enough to take 1/2 of the bill off. Honestly, I've never been to a breakfast diner and have the bill come to $30 for two people, which I was very surprised by. The people beside us kept staring at us, not sure why? Maybe they could tell we had Boston accents but not sure of what their problem was. I'm not the type that holds back but to avoid conflict I tried letting it go. It seemed as though everyone had something to say about us by the way they were staring, maybe they never seen people with a full set of teeth or an attractive couple such as us and were just taken back? Who knows what their issue was and quite frankly I hope they enjoyed staring. We both were born and raised in Mass and were taught manners, everyone around here thinks they're better then everyone else. You're not better then anyone in this world and who are you to judge someone you don't know? I've never had such a bad anxiety filled experience ever. Plain and simple we probably will not return to York due to ill mannered stuck up residents. Sad to say because it's a beautiful place but very sad when you go somewhere to eat and feel so uncomfortable because we weren't "regulars." Oh and to those "regulars" you all are made for each other and one day someone will knock you all off your high horses. I wouldn't recommend this breakfast place to anyone of my family or friends due to how we were treated!!! We will stick with Boston and people who have RESPECT!!!

2  Thank K_Ganko824
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

There was a wait to sit and the food took a while. The food is good and the staff was helpful and friendly. The prices are reasonable. All in all, a good choice for breakfast if u have some time.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Mollyo is my new favorite breakfast restaurant. You will most likly have to wait but it will be well owwrth the wait. I had chocolate chip pancakes they were so full in the pancakes that at times it was like biting into melted chocolate! Yum.

One thing to mention is that breakfast places are getting pricey and dont expect to pay must less $28 with tip for 2 people.

1  Thank jposterling
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a nice little place for breakfast in the village. Opens very early in the morning and gets . crowded very quickly. Frequented by locals and tourists as well. Good size portions and good service.