“Great location”
Review of Union Bluff Hotel

Union Bluff Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We like it here, beautiful location and easy to access. Love that you can walk into town or the beach easily.

My biggest complaint is that the rooms are already priced too high and then they charge for each child, that is ridiculous. In all of our travels I have never encountered this before.
Restaurant is also over priced for a family. We ordered pizza instead.

I would love to come back here but think they need to review prices for what you get, each kid should not cost more.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Em W

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had booked our room in January for a late May wedding. I get particular about the room I want so I did my research and booked a King Ocean Front w/Fireplace. About a month before we were to arrive I received a call from the hotel telling me that the room I booked was overbooked so they would be moving me on the third night (they said "seamlessly" as if I wouldn't really notice) to another room and the good news was that it was one of their cheap (old and not renovated part of the hotel) rooms and I would be saving some money. I lost it but they made it right. They comped our room the first night and they helped us find a place to stay the last night. The room we stayed in (King Ocean Front w/Fireplace) was really adorable. It was on the top floor and the ocean views were spectacular. The staff was friendly for the most part once they warmed up to you (typical New England style) but the restaurant service was slow and sometimes not very friendly. It's not a hotel that easily accommodates a larger wedding party since there is not an indoor place to congregate other than the restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay in the new part of the hotel. It's very cute. Ocean view is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Deb W
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have stayed at the union bluff multiple times. Most recently we held our wedding there with lots of family also staying there. We spent the first day welcoming the family sitting on the lawn chair overlooking the ocean across from the hotel. Everyone's immediate reaction was how beautiful it is and how helpful the valet staff was. We followed welcoming everyone with lunch at the union grill where I had the best lobster roll of my life. The staff at the union bluff is so helpful from the front desk, wait staff and the housekeeping always have a smile and easy to approach. It was a wonderful weekend and all our guested raved about the location and the staff. It's centrally located with lots of cute shops. It's also very close to the restaurant inn on the blues where the hospitality and the food is delicious!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to go away for a weekend for our 6 year anniversary. A co-worker recommended the Union Bluff Hotel. We had a great time! It was wonderful to sit on the balcony of our room and listen to the ocean. We enjoyed having breakfast and dinner; got to love mimosas in the morning. Great area to walk around; beach, little shops, etc.

We will definitely be back for a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marissa L
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have just returned from our 5 day stay at the Union Bluff Hotel, and once again, it was absolutely wonderful. This was our 7th visit to this hotel, and we had a wonderful time. The staff has always been accomodating, and we have always enjoyed our meals in the Pub. The grounds are prestine, as always, and we are looking forward to returning in September.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Had reservations at hoarders b/b in kittery walked out and drove to this magnificent hotel. Staff so lovely and welcoming. Stayed at the annex. What a room. Great bed,so very clean,and the sounds of the ocean so welcoming. Cannot wait to go bsck.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Union Bluff Hotel has been a landmark in York Beach for the longest time. Over the past several years the hotel has gone through some renovations and it is really nice. We have eaten breakfast there several times in the Union Bluff Grill which has always been good. My wife and myself have wanted to stay in the motel but just couldn't justify the price per night they were charging for a weekend stay. There are a lot of other hotels with better deals. We where going to be up in York on a Thursday night and the price was greatly reduced, so we gave it a try. Our nights stay plus with the breakfast option was $140.00. We had a room with a balcony and facing the ocean, had a great view. Too bad the weather was not very warm so we could have enjoyed it better.
The room was very nice, comfy, very clean. Bathroom was very nice and very clean and everything looked to be in great repair. Staff was extremely friendly. The hotel has a great atmosphere the way it is decorated and done. On the main level it has two places to eat, the Union Bluff Pub which serves bar type foods, hamburgers etc, and the Union Bluff Grill which serves more high end type meals.
As I mentioned, the thing that has kept us from staying there is the price. The price goes way up on the weekends and during the in season. You can go on their website and look up the prices.
The hotel is nice, has rooms with a great view and is in a prime location in York Beack. The price is really not that bad considering it's location and how nice it is, but its more than I like to pay, maybe because I'm cheap. However, go online and if the prices look good to you, give them a try I think you'll be very pleased.

Room Tip: Request an ocean front room, great view. You'll pay extra for it though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick

Been to Union Bluff Hotel? Share your experiences!