“Whoopie Pie”

Brown's Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Best ice cream I've had in Maine. It might be a tourist hot spot but it's worth dealing with the crowd. All of the flavors my family tried were excellent, but my whoopie pie (ice cream flavor, not an actual whoopie pie) was phenomenal. It was loaded with large chunks of whoopie pie, but even when I didn't get a chunk it taste just like whoopie pie.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

You have seen the rave reviews, and they are all true. Go there any day of the week at almost anytime of day and you will see the crowds of people lined up for the delicious, generous helpings of so many favors of ice cream. We never go to York Beach without at least one trip to Brown's - sometimes several trips!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I walk a mile or two (mostly uphill) to go get this luscious Icecream establishment. They have the richest, creamiest, tasty icream and way too many to choose from. Be prepared to wait but know it is worth it! My only suggestion for alittle more ease would be for them to put a board on the sides of their building to describe their ice creams.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fantastic home-made (or hand-made) hard ice-cream. Perfect compliment to a warm summer evening on the Maine Coast. However, the price is high for compared to other local establishments. Within walking distance to the "Nubble" lighthouse.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We walked 45 mins to find out.. Cash only! Yup I had a CC and$6. Thank god for $5 small ice cream that was big enough for the 3 of us!!