“Good food right by Short Sands Beach”

The Union Grill and Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Union Grill and Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 1A
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed their hamburger - really good! Friends had seafood and loved it. Near the shops and activities. Just a great place to hang out.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Every visit to York includes many lunch and dinner visits to The Union Gril and Pub. Both the formal dining room and pub are outstanding, Always something for everyone. Try the burgers they are mouth-watering!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We read such great reviews about this restaurant we wanted to try it! We brought our family of four here for breakfast. The atmosphere was nice, but the waitress right off was R U D E!! She barley talked to us, seemed aggravated when we needed a minute to look over the menu and then when we did order she told our daughter her choice of veg. in her omelet was " Strange "!!!!!! Nope she wasn't just joking around! Down right RUDE. Even slammed the the syrup down on the table!!!!!!!! I really wanted to get up and leave on the spot, but my kids were very hungry. When we finally got our food, our home fries were hard. The potatoes were not cooked enough at all. At this point I just couldn't eat. I was so angry and the food was gross. I just left and let my family finish their breakfast. My husband said the bill came to $50. This breakfast from hell wasn't worth a penny!!!

4  Thank arttch
Reviewed July 13, 2012

WE ate at the pub and it was cramped and a little less fun than I would have expected. The view was very nice but the food was just average boardering on poor. . My husband got a burger and I got a salad with chicken. I was not thrilled with the chicken . It was dry and cold. The burger was just okay as were the fries. I would not go back. I guess for York a town could be so quaint but is made up of a bunch of old smelly junky shops where most of the real estate is either owned by or governed by a select few the pub is a bright spot. In any other quaint sea side town it would be less than adequate.

2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family had lunch in the pub a few days ago, and we were very impressed. It was our first visit, but we will surely be back. I had the lobster roll, with hot butter. The portion was generous and very tasty. Their fries are excellent. I had a taste of my husband's crab cake sandwich, and it was exceptionally good. My mother-in-law said that her Angus burger was very good. There were many interesting items on the menu. Service was attentive, prices reasonable for seafood at the beach.