“Great Place for kids!!!!!!!!!!”

York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park and zoo has something for every member of the family, from a petting zoo and kiddie rides for the tots, to mini-golf and a Haunted House to thrill visitors of all ages.
boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place for kids!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Only $20 for zoo and rides.Great Zoo lots of animals, fun rides for the kids. Nice picnic area, bring your own food or you can get food at the concession. stand which is very reasonably priced.

1 Thank nazboxing1

New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a great time, even in the rain...”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We had planned to take our 3 kids to the zoo. I very rarely get weekends off, and I had taken this Saturday off specifically to go to the zoo with my kids, but it was raining. Even though the lion and tiger were inside their cages because of the rain, and it poured on us, we still had a great time. the only thing was the gigantic puddles, my daughter actually fell in one because it was so deep. I would recommend this place to anyone, it was very kid friendly, with paved paths, good for pushing the stroller!

2 Thank Evasmom
Wilmington, Vermont
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice animals, but small enclosures..”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We only went to see the animals- didn't go on any rides. There was a large selection of animals but they were in such small enclosures I felt sorry for them. They had paths worn from them pacing back and forth. We did go on the elephant ride. 2 people and a photo for $30. We were on the elephant for approximately 2 minutes. Not quite worth it but my son enjoyed it. We spent alot of time going back and forth- when we asked for a map they said they dont have them. So we spent alot of time just wandering, not knowing what animals were where.

6 Thank lcolbert
South Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean and well maintained, but animals need better care”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Visited the zoo section of the park today with my 5 year old.....the park has a wide array of animals and birds, and she enjoyed the various areas where she could interact with and feed the animals. This small park is very clean (other than the restrooms, which were pretty depressing), and the animal cages, while small, are also visually clean and well maintained. However, many of the animals seem to suffer from boredom, exhibited by pacing and other repetitive behaviors. Animals have no toys or items with which to play, challenge themselves, or engage their natural instincts.

If you can get beyond feeling badly for the animal's complete boredom, it's a nice little park for young children...otherwise, if you want a world class zoo experience, save your money, and take a trip to the Bronx Zoo in New York..

1 Thank reneecabaup
Norwood, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money, I'd rather stay home!”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Biggest waste of money I have spent this summer. The amusement park was a complete and total joke. My sisters and I had 8 kids with us between the ages of 2 thru 11. The 11 year old was bored out of his mind and the 6 year olds couldnt get on most the rides because they were either over 48" or under 56". Mini golf was extra money as well as the go-carts etc. If you are looking for a zoo to go to, pick another, not this one!!! Our biggest disappointment this summer as well as biggest waste of money!!! I could not even give this dump 1 out of 5 stars.

6 Thank momofmcor