“Had a great time, even in the rain...”

York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park and zoo has something for every member of the family, from a petting zoo and kiddie rides for the tots, to mini-golf and a Haunted House to thrill visitors of all ages.
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We had planned to take our 3 kids to the zoo. I very rarely get weekends off, and I had taken this Saturday off specifically to go to the zoo with my kids, but it was raining. Even though the lion and tiger were inside their cages because of the rain, and it poured on us, we still had a great time. the only thing was the gigantic puddles, my daughter actually fell in one because it was so deep. I would recommend this place to anyone, it was very kid friendly, with paved paths, good for pushing the stroller!

2  Thank Evasmom

Reviewed September 19, 2010

We only went to see the animals- didn't go on any rides. There was a large selection of animals but they were in such small enclosures I felt sorry for them. They had paths worn from them pacing back and forth. We did go on the elephant ride. 2 people and a photo for $30. We were on the elephant for approximately 2 minutes. Not quite worth it but my son enjoyed it. We spent alot of time going back and forth- when we asked for a map they said they dont have them. So we spent alot of time just wandering, not knowing what animals were where.

6  Thank lcolbert
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Visited the zoo section of the park today with my 5 year old.....the park has a wide array of animals and birds, and she enjoyed the various areas where she could interact with and feed the animals. This small park is very clean (other than the restrooms, which were pretty depressing), and the animal cages, while small, are also visually clean and well maintained. However, many of the animals seem to suffer from boredom, exhibited by pacing and other repetitive behaviors. Animals have no toys or items with which to play, challenge themselves, or engage their natural instincts.

If you can get beyond feeling badly for the animal's complete boredom, it's a nice little park for young children...otherwise, if you want a world class zoo experience, save your money, and take a trip to the Bronx Zoo in New York..

1  Thank reneecabaup
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Biggest waste of money I have spent this summer. The amusement park was a complete and total joke. My sisters and I had 8 kids with us between the ages of 2 thru 11. The 11 year old was bored out of his mind and the 6 year olds couldnt get on most the rides because they were either over 48" or under 56". Mini golf was extra money as well as the go-carts etc. If you are looking for a zoo to go to, pick another, not this one!!! Our biggest disappointment this summer as well as biggest waste of money!!! I could not even give this dump 1 out of 5 stars.

6  Thank momofmcor
Reviewed August 24, 2010

feed the animals at every turn! my 4yo, 1yo, and my 2yo, 1yo brother's kids loved it!
its my "niece's zoo".
kinda pricey for the size of the zoo, tho.
the phx zoo is bigger.
even the wildlife zoo and aquarium is bigger, with enough hands on.
we had an issue with my 1yo nephew vomitting largely, and a zoo keeper happily hosed down the stroller for us. the bathroom even had a large laundry sized sink to rinse it out of his hair, poor kid.
they could use a few more sanitizer stations for the amt of hands on tho.
wide variety of animals-some ive never even heard of after 40yrs! that was great!