“Great for Kids of All Ages”

York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park and zoo has something for every member of the family, from a petting zoo and kiddie rides for the tots, to mini-golf and a Haunted House to thrill visitors of all ages.
Cascade, Idaho
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for Kids of All Ages”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent two weeks in York with our adult children and our grandchildren, 11 people in all, ages 5 to 71. Grandpa and I stayed at the cottage thinking that the other 9 would return in an hour. They called three hours later for us to join then for lunch at the park! Then they ended up staying at the park the whole day. So, although I've not been in the park myself, I know my family thoroughly enjoyed their day there!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AuntieB9573

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“MUST SEE WHEN IN YORK!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's inexpensive and fun! What more could you ask?? The animals appeared to be well cared-for and your kids will love it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mikey F
Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good for kids!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We were in Wells staying at the Tallwood Motel and they recommend that we visit. It's a great place for kids!!

Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Might have been nicer 20 years ago”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I debated between bringing my 7 year old nephew to York's Wild Kingdom or Dew Animal Kingdom. Still haven't been to Dew, but I think it might have been a bit better.

There was a nice assortment of animals, and the park has a nice layout. We didn't go to the amusement park piece—we were interested in the zoo.

Everything felt run down. The pavement on the walkways was pretty horrible. We stumbled a few times so I would leave grandma at home!

The decorations look like they haven't been updated or repainted in a decade so it has this feeling of a run down park. The signage next to each animal is basically a laminated 8.5x11 sheet. Some were so water damaged you couldn't read them.

The park is tiny. I expected it to be small, but the colorful map they have on their website does lead you to believe it's a bit bigger.

It's cheap, but pack your snacks and water (par for the course for this type of place.)

The location of the zoo is excellent! Afterwards, we drove right down the road to Cape Neddick Lighthouse and had lunch at Fox's. Made for a great day outing in Maine!

This place really reminded me of "We Bought A Zoo". It really has potential if they could get their hands on a nice budget for park updates. It was a nice experience and my nephew enjoyed it, but the park was a little disappointing.

1 Thank Stacy K
Braintree, MA
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Family fun for all ages”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice zoo with a good variety of animals, and amusement rides for all ages. We have been going to York's Wild Kingdom for six years. My children 13, 10 And 5 all have a great time every year. Good old fashion family fun for reasonable prices.

1 Thank FamilyGuy02184