“Wonderful Day”

York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park and zoo has something for every member of the family, from a petting zoo and kiddie rides for the tots, to mini-golf and a Haunted House to thrill visitors of all ages.
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Family trip consisting of 6 adults and 3 children under 5 years old. I had been as a child and from what I remember, there are a lot more rides. Most of them are geared toward under 48" and you have to be at least 36" to ride certain rides with an adult, over 48" with out. My 2 year old just made the height for the roller coaster and we very excited to ride! The rides for the lines were reasonable, even for an eager 2 year old! My other son, who is not a fan of loud noises and rides enjoyed some of them like the boats, train, and gunner air plane. There is also a huge castle bounce house.

The prices are very reasonable as long as adults don't bother with the ride package. I had ride on my bracelet because I knew I would have to ride with my 2 year old.

As experience would recommend, bring snacks for kids because food lines tend to be long.

The elephant ride prices went up a significant amount from when my mother took just my niece 2 years ago. It's a neat experience for kids and you get a photo and the trainer has the elephant stop so family can take their own pictures. I imagine Lydia costs a lot to take care of, but the price is per person: (August 2011) 2 people + picture = $30.

Pony ride was great for my 2 year old who loved every second. The trainer stops for family photos as well.

All 3 kids loved feeding the ducks, goats and deer and seeing the various animals. The fun house, while a little uncomfortable for me having to guide, was worth taking my adventurous 2 year old through. My 4 year old niece went through twice!

Over all the drive and price was well worth the smiles and memories. Just be smart as with going to any type of attraction and you won't have anything to complain about. We did have a stroller with us, but I think next time we will rent one of the huge ones they have! Not sure if they charge.

1  Thank Sethra
in 8 reviews
"old school"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2011

went to york for 4 days , spent our last day here at the park and zoo. we did find it very clean here and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. the animals in the zoo seemed very well taken care of , and the place was very clean, i thought the price was quite high , and with thirteen yr olds-they are considered adults here-it was really not worth it. there were not many rides for this age group so they kept riding the same ones multiple times. went to the jungle hut snack bar for fried dough and ice coffee and drinks-which all were priced well and tasty-only complaint is i asked for extra ice for the coffee as they didnt have much in there to keep it cold enough and was told it would cost 25 cents more -but they use 3 paper plates for the fried dough- so i thought this was really tacky -needless to say we went elsewhere after that . all in all if you have younger children it is a great place to go and well worth the price to get the zoo and ride ticket combo-but for our teens the cost did not justify what they got.

1  Thank reenird66
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My family visited York's Wild Kingdom today and had a nice time. Kids (7 year old twins) enjoyed riding the elephants and feeding the goats. They also enjoyed the kiddie rides and the games that were there. It was also cool to be able to leave the park and walk around York Beach and visit the shops and attractions there.

The only thing I would advise against, and I'm not sure if it was just this way today or if it is like the all the time, but we had to wait almost 40 minutes for a $6.50 order of French Fries at the Fry stand near where the goats are. There were only 2 people in there running what looked like 2 or 3 fryers and a long line of people waiting in the hot sun for their food. It would have been nice to know the wait was going to be that long as 7 year old kids aren't the most patient customers in the world. This kind of killed the overall feeling of satisfaction with the place, but perhaps they were short-handed? A little communication would have been nice.

Otherwise, everyone in the park was friendly and we had a good time other than the 40 minute fry wait.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My kids love going every year during our week to York Beach. Th rides are old (I've been coming to YB for 25 years and they still look the same as they did then. And they look old back then). But my kid love it. Especially the bumper cars. Think of your local Fireman's carnival, and you won't be disappointed. I hope it never changes!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We went here en route to other attractions in Maine. Pros are the amusement park had about 15 rides all perfectly geared to the 2-4 year old soul. We were there in peak season on the weekend and never waited for a ride. We did trains, roller coaster, ladybug cars, a ferris wheel and a fun house, each 2-3 times. The staff working the rides were really sweet to the kids and took a lot of care taking the kids in and out of the rides. Cons are that there were long long lines for the few food&beverage offerings, so bring your own or eat before. The price seems very reasonable.

1  Thank sfbarb