We did not pick this place. Our group was put here by our host and hostess for the weekend reunion. We didn't receive a very warm welcome from anyone, and no one offered to help us take our bags upstairs. There was nothing in our room in the way of water or soft drinks, and no one told us if those things were available elsewhere in the inn. We travel a great deal, and this is pretty unusual treatment. The breakfast was a buffet a la Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites minus the eggs. It wasn't a huge deal for us because we were spending most of our time at a local residence, but for people who are making this a special weekend or something, I would stay elsewhere. Our room was not anything special, a little dated! And the water flow in the shower was very weak. We had a beautiful experience in Kennebunkport. Our dinner at the Dockside's restaurant was very enjoyable although the service was very slow. Yes we had a large group, but they were expecting us for weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dockside is a special place on the Maine seacoast offering distinctive dining and lodging overlooking picturesque York Harbor. It captures the essence of Maine with its natural beauty, gracious hospitality and abundant activities. Accommodations are in the Maine House, a quintessential "New England Cottage" and multi-unit buildings at the water's edge, most with a private deck and water view. Our restaurant shares the same magnificent views while offering a truly enjoyable dinning experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dockside Guest Quarters And Restaurant Hotel York
- Dockside Guest Quarters And Restaurant York, Maine