“Awesome”

Ranked #4 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Canton, Massachusetts
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were lucky enough to find availability at the Dockside on short notice. What a great find! You are literally on your own little island with incredible views, super comfortable rooms and the peace and quite we all get away for in the first place. The private deck overlooking the harbor and ocean was awesome! The staff is extremely nice and the restaurant was great, with a view of York Harbor from every seat. Never wanted to leave! We will definitely be back! Often!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
california
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We attended a wedding and the Dockside exceeded our expectations in many ways. The inn is comfortable, friendly and well managed.

We found the balcony view spectacular, the grounds are very well maintained.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house. Great balcony view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank paddyboyfoley
Vancouver BC
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Location location location , isn't that what they say in real estate. Well then Dockside has it. This is our third trip and is kind of fun to go back to a place you held dear to your heart before. Would highly recommend the restaurant which we ate in as often as we could! Accommodations could use some updating. I would recommend they add flat screen tvs on walls as much easier to watch for everyone in the room. Breakfasts were good although they had to keep replenishing things so not sure why they just wouldn't put out larger platters in the first place . I would recommend they change up their warm egg dish so it is not the same each day when you stay for several days. Nice to chat with other travelers on the porch over looking the water. Love that the innkeeper offers boat rides three times a week in summer. Main house has a nice library and we appreciated someone elses travel books left there. Internet reception very shaky and if that is important to you I would book somewhere else as we often had to go to the main house to get a signal. It is just a nature of the beast there and even locals have troubles in their own homes. Nice to have treats offered in the afternoon in the main house as one needs a pick me up sometimes. Highly recommend a romantic delicious dinner on the porch, in the rain, watching the boats and the sunset . Hard to beat !

Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I found this Inn to be so relaxing with such a incredible view and the service of the staff to be excellent. The breakfast is great which I had the best banana bread I ever had ! I will certainly come here again I was only away for 2 nights but I felt so relaxed there I felt I was gone for a week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Taft, California
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I had never been to Maine. I spent hours on the computer looking for just the right place, with preferences - nice decorating of furnishings, being on the first floor, near the water (my husband likes to fish) and near golf courses.That is the reason I spent so much time looking - I was looking for pictures of actual rooms and grounds at specific places like, cottages, rooms, or resorts. The pictures for Docksde Guest Quarters were great, with cute little rooms and efficienties. They had 6 different catagories, with pictures. I chose one that suited us, for a weeks stay, and efficienty, with a king or queen bed, close to the water, on the first floor. Because I wanted that great room (i thought) for a specific week, I made a reservation about 9 months in advance. When we arrived, everything was great -- we checked in, the lady was very nice, and helpful, and took us to our place. I was so disspointed when we walked in --- it was not the cute little place I had seen in the pictures. The furniture was dark, and older, and run down, and it was nothing what I expected. I ask the lady about the pictures on the website, and she said my room was not pictured. on the website. I walked around that week, trying to get a peek in other rooms and honestly did not see anything in those rooms like I saw on the website. I feel like I was mislead, this is not what I thought I was paying for. It was higher priced then I wanted to pay, but because it was so perfect in the pictures, I decided to do it. Our room was not terrible, it was clean, and convienent, on the first floor, and very comfortable, and the people were very nice, but, now I know to not trust the pictures they put on websites --- ASK, is this what my room looks like?

Room Tip: ASK --- is my room pictured on the website?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
guestquarters, Owner at Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
We strive very hard to describe and portray our property and the experience you will have here very accurately, it does no one any good to do otherwise and is just plain bad business. I am sorry if the décor did not meet your expectations. The pictures on our web site are representative of each of our room types, the pictures on our web site are actual pictures of our rooms and are by no means intended to deceive. Each room is decorated and furnished individually, with all furnishings is very good condition. We would have been glad to show you other rooms or move you to another if available.
I am sorry that you were disappointed, but it sounds like we simply were not a good match for what you were looking for.
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 16, 2012

From the moment you drive in until you leave, the staff make sure you are treated like family! We had stolen away just a couple of days for this trip and we need to relax and that is just what we got! We stayed in one of the newer buildings. Because we had experienced difficulty making reservations online, I finally called and talked with them directly. Although the online reservation system indicated a room was available in the middle building close to the waterfront, by the time we reached someone by phone we learned those were taken and they did not have a room available for both nights. They booked us, then, in a different room for each evening and accommodated that by moving all our luggage and setting us up in the second room very smoothly. The breakfast is yummy. We opted to sit on the front porch for breakfast and the view of the fog in the harbor was amazing. There were a lot of families there, so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a romantic getaway with kiddos running by the windows of our first room, but the second night we stayed on a second floor room and we found that to allow much more privacy and the room was larger. The Adirondack chairs on the lawn were the best place to be in the early evening with a cup of coffee and the fishing boats made their way back in to the harbor. It is not at all close to the York Beach area, so if you are wanting to spend a great deal of time on that sandy beach area, you'd likely prefer something nearer, but for us, this was perfect. We really did enjoy this stay and would stay there again given the chance.

Room Tip: A family would enjoy a downstairs room in the newer buildings. Couples would prefer to be in the mai...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet getaway with a harbor view of the busy fishing village..this is the perfect spot. Walking distance to the marina and the summer hustle bustle but peaceful and serene if that what you are looking for. Restaurant nearby is tops so you don't have to leave the resort unless you want. We enjoyed the nearby playhouse, alternative restaurants and a charming beach for swimming. Highly recommend this spot!

Room Tip: Room with a patio was perfect for a summer afternoon.