“Superb!”
Review of Nolita - CLOSED

Nolita
Cuisines: American, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nolita, sometimes written as NoLIta, and deriving from "North of Little Italy" is a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan in New York City. NoLita was created to give you a vibrant dining experience while bringing you back home to family traditions with a fusion of modern ambiance. Our menu consists of the most delectable Italian food York has to offer. NoLita combines exceptional food,wine, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique and memorable dining experience.
Troy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I spent two weeks in Italy on our honeymoon, so we like to think we know good Italian food! NoLita is up there with the best! We actually went for dinner two nights in a row! Not to mention a stellar atmosphere. It's a don't miss!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KimmyArbo

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Good addition to the choices in York Maine”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We've been summer residents for 20+ years. Tried NoLita for the first time last night. We'll be back -- because it shows promise and is already stronger than much of the competition. Our server was terrific -- professional and attentive, without being intrusive. News of this resto is clearly spreading, so we arrived in the midst of a traffic jam at the entrance, and some confusion about our reservation. All was straightened out within a reasonable period. Teething pains, in my views, and they will get through them. Recommend!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Robert D
Portland, Maine
“Little Italy in little York Maine!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The decor is classy, the bartenders knowledgeable and the food is great! I live about 1/2 hour away and I was excited this place opened up! They really have done a great job. I went early to avoid a wait and the bartender suggested a cocktail for me to try.( Also tried their limoncello later). The food came promptly and was great! Great value and clean fresh location!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LadyBourdain
York
“Food excellent, service poor.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After hearing amazing reviews from locals around town I decided to make a reservation and give Nolitas a try, who doesn't like Italian food! Upon showing up we were greeted by a pleasant young host and decided to sit in the bar area. After ten minutes of sitting and waiting for our server, who never acknowledged our presence, the host noticed and brought over menus and water. Our server finally came over and without a smile, "hello" or "sorry to keep you waiting" she rudely says "what can I get you". She made infrequent stops to our table throughout the meal, and never came to refill drinks. However, I am not going to say you should no go here. The food was the best Italian food I've eaten in a long time and for that I feel like Nolitas is worth the trip. Also because I am sure not all the servers are this poor.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Yorkmainexox
Carrie J, Owner at Nolita, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take all customer feedback, positive and negative, very seriously. Feedback is one way we know what changes need to be made. Being a very new and very busy restaurant we are still working out all the systems that work and those that don't. Top notch customer service is one of our top priorities along with consistent quality food. We want all of our guests to walk out after enjoying their experience (food, atmosphere and service) totally satisfied and excited to come back. We strive for 100% positive feed back and we have already brought your poor customer service review to the attention of all managers as well as the staff in hopes that it will no longer be an issue. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals very much. I hope the quality and taste of the food paired with NoLitas trendy atmosphere will bring you back to give us another try.

Kindly,
Carolyn Law-Jones
York
“Noshing at Nolita”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We are always rooting for a restaurant to take hold at this spot in the middle of a dated shopping plaza. And Nolita is worth navigating the potholes in the parking lot. We met friends for drinks and appetizers at the bar and were certainly pleased by the atmosphere and the fun, attentive service. The menu looks great and our friends had enjoyed dinner entrees in a prior visit. Neither the gnocchi/shrimp or eggplant small plates were worth repeating but we'll certainly give Nolita a second try for dinner.

• Visited July 2014