“Nice Landing”

Ranked #19 of 112 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fresh seafood, all natural beef and local produce, home made sumptuous desserts and 36 Craft Beers on tap are all available to you while overlooking the picturesque historic York River. Conveniently located on Rt. 1 in York, just 2 miles north of the Kittery Outlets. Visit our Ice Cream Shack right next door, serving the largest "small" cone around. Enjoy several of over 30 flavors and SO many toppings, it will be hard to decide.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Rather than sit in traffic on Route One we decide to sit at a lovely table at the York River Landing. We were seated right away next to the doors leading out to the porch. The view of the river is beautiful. Yes, the table had a slant to it but after we figured that out we adjusted accordingly. Our waitress was very nice, the food delicious and the price reasonable. We had the fried clams with waffle cut French fries. The clams were not overly breaded, the fries crisp and the portions just right. It was a little pricey but we will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

August 8,2014

We must have gone at the right time 5:30pm. No problem getting in. Staff very pleasant. Nice atmosphere, right by the river. Many booths to sit at.

Three of us dined at this former Bosn's Landing. We all had a very pleasant experience. My adult daughter and my husband had Beer Battered Fish n Chips with amazing waffle fries.

I had Baked Haddock, potato and veggie. Absolutely delicious. The Haddock had a parmesan crumble that gave it a nice flavor. Most Haddock is usually a little bland but they did a great job at making this very flavorful.

The best think we liked was the food. It's a new business they may still have to work out a few things. Give them a break and keep it positive. That may help them make some changes.

2  Thank Jane G
Reviewed August 13, 2014

On our second visit, we had very long waits. Shared the experience with our fellow diners who had a long wait because one of their dinners was wrong. I ordered the daily special which sounded great but spicy hot. I asked the very nice waitperson in more than one way whether the dish was spicy. She assured me it was not. After a very long wait between courses, our mains arrived. Mine was unbelievably spicy to the point where I could not eat it. They offered to replace it (waitperson admitting she'd never tried it). I declined because I didn't want to force my group to wait and ate half of my husband's dinner instead. Meal took so long we didn't bother with dessert.
The room was not designed to make any use of the wonderful location. Also it was incredibly noisy! We could only talk to the person next to us. I texted my niece down the table to say hello.
I would only come her off hours. Felt like an idiot for bringing people here for dinner.
They did offer to take my meal off the bill. We didn't accept since we passed the plate around the table and shared.
I think they have become too successful too fast. Sorry.

1  Thank alice m
Reviewed August 12, 2014

First off I would give this place ZERO stars if I could.One star is being generous. We were seated right away for lunch around 1pm on Monday August 11th.Right off the bat the tables have an odd slant towards the customers.Drinks were sliding all over the place along with the silverware.Back to the drinks,we ordered 4 Pepsi's and 4 cups of clam chowder and a small order of steamers.The drinks were slow getting there,20 minutes after the order.There were only 3 other tables with customers and 3 people outside.The chowder and steamers however came on top of one another when most places would space them apart.
The meal that I ordered was scallops that were hand battered and were at "Market Price" which turned out to be $23 for 7 scallops and a small amount of waffle fries.My mother had Prime Rib which she said was delicious.My twin brother had the same 7 scallop meal as I did.My older sister had a steamed lobster which she had ended up cutting herself on the shell and no one in the wait staff was too concerned about.
They also had blaring music when the restaurant wasn't full or loud to start with.There is no need to listen to Free Bird cranked to 11!
This place had awful wait staff...I know it's a new place but they should have hired people with some kind of experience and knowledge.It's also the year 2014 how about paving the parking lot.The gravel lot is unfriendly to seniors who have to walk with a cane or stroller.
Keep driving by this place and save your cash!

6  Thank Rob G
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Visited for lunch today 8/11. Was looking forward to trying a new place that replaced one of our old favorites Bosn's landing.

The good: the new building is beautiful. The cups of chowder were generous and yummy! My mom loved her prime rib. They liked the steamers too.
The lobster was ok but.......

The bad: the wait for chowder seemed a bit long. (Most places it comes out before the steamers, not at the same time.
The tables have a strange slant and several tables during lunch had things fall off.
The portion size for the scallop plate was very small for the price.
I saw one waitress circulate with water for her tables, but I don't think we got refills on soda or water.

The really bad: I cut myself while trying to crack open my lobster tail. Had to ask for a bandaid and antiseptic and they seemed unprepared almost unwilling to assist.

In hindsight I should've let a manager know what happened.

Also I've had lots of lobster over the years and never drew blood!!!

Visited a different lobster restaurant in York tonight and they were horror struck at my story!

We dine out each night of our stay and will NEVER visit this place again!

2  Thank scrappingmytravels