“The menu seems to have expanded!”

Stonewall Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #12 of 107 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“The menu seems to have expanded!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to the Stonewall Kitchen Cafe last year quite a few times. This was my first visit this summer. I think they have expanded the menu to add a few items, namely salads. I got a salad with golden raisins and fruit and nuts. It was huge! My husband got the avacado BLT. It is served on thick but tender artisan bread. I love this places. They had delicious looking cakes and desserts but we were watching our weight so we need to pass! I would definately recomend this whole experience. It is a fun way to spend a couple of hours in a great setting.

The store is just so exciting in a classy way and the cafe is delightful. Jim and Jonathan the owners were there. They are very unassuming and just sat down at a table with friends. If my husband who is in the food business did not recognize them I would not even have noticed them. They happened to be speaking to a gentleman at the table next to us who they knew.But I am pretty sure the rest of the patrons had no idea who they were and the staff did not seem to kow tow to them( reportedly they are one of the best companies to work for). I cannot say enough about this flagship store and cafe! It is kind of like when you go to Disney World you suspend disbelif when it comes to buying a jar of jelly for 7 or 8 dollars. I would gasp at that price in the grocery store but it seems so reasonable in the atmosphere that is created at Stonewall.

• Visited August 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fantastic stop in York”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On a bit of a rainy day in York we took advice from some Trip Advisor reviews and ended up at Stonewall. THANK GOODNESS for Trip Advisor. This place is terrific and we'd never have found it. Their products are fantastic, there's tons of tasting opportunities, and their cafe food is exceptional. My husband had the lobster cobb salad and I had the lobster tacos. Both were excellent, the servers were polite and friendly - everything was really top notch. I highly recommend it, whether its sunny or raining--don't miss it!

• Visited August 2013
maryland
“beautiful gardens outside...beautiful smells inside”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Always love stopping here. Great that you can eat and shop under one roof. Lobster Cobb salad perfect. Plentiful and the bleu cheese was so creamy.....too bad couldn't have a glass of wine to enjoy it even more. Full array of wonderful pastries. Cream puff with Carmel and sea salt topping sure looked tempting. Cafeteria style service but they do deliver to table. Store is chock full of all the things we all NEED. Delightful to walk thru.

York Beach, Maine
“Great! Great! Great!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Food is prepared with wonderful fresh produce. Great thought has been given to the menu! Lovely outdoor seating to enjoy your lunch. Browse the adjoining store with all of its delicious selections. Wonderful cooking school!

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delicious food freshly prepared”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a delicious lunch at the cafe. It was very crowded but the staff kept the line moving. My husband ordered the Pilgrim sandwich and I ordered the vegetable panini. Both sandwiches were freshly prepared and delicious. In addition I also ordered ice coffee and a fresh fruit cup. In addition the staff were very efficient and friendly too. There are both inside and outdoor seating - pretty planted gardens outside.