“Great food, though pricey!”

Stonewall Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I would rate Stonewall Kitchen excellent, but it's a bit pricey. We loved the food, though. After lunch, we enjoyed shopping at the adjoining store.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Traveled to Maine from Boston for a few days vacation. This was our first stop and the food was a very nice surprise and we really liked being outside to enjoy our meal. Lobster roll was pretty good and clam chowder was better than average. Blueberry pie for dessert was outstanding. We even enjoyed shopping at the retail store. A nice place to stop when entering Maine.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Family of four stopped here for lunch on the way home from weekend in Ogunquit. My husband had a roast beef sandwich with all kinds of interesting things on it, son had a BLT, daughter had a roasted veggie sandwich and I had brie and fig compote. We also had a side of a very good cole slaw and caprese rice salad. Everything was very good, funky sodas too (grape was the best). Desserts looked yummy, but we were too full to try them. A bit pricey, but the food was excellent--you place your order, get a number and then the server brings it to your table--we were outside in the lovely backyard terraced area. Pretty and delightful place to grab a bite. Store is a lot of fun too--they put out all kinds of things to sample....mmmmmmm strawberry balsamic jam. Yum yum.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We travel to Ogunquit twice a year and generally make it a point to time our trip so we can have lunch here. Although when full the cafe can be noisy, we never have been disappointed by the food. This trip was no exception. My pulled-pork sandwich was tasty, if oddly served on thick white bread lightly toasted. The side salad was fresh mixed greens with balsamic dressing. My companion had chowder, which she described as delicious, and half a tuna salad sandwich. Last fall I got adventurous and tried the lobster tacos, which were wonderful. We were happy to find a low table; neither of us was interested in the high tables that abut the shopping area. The woman who took our orders was friendly; the woman who took our money was not. But in our experience that was an exception.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This review is only based on baked goods and coffee which I picked up for a quick breakfast. The coffee is FANTASTIC!!!! I was extremely disappointed in the baked goods as they were just ordinary. For a company that sells very fine breakfast and dessert mixes (which are truly great), the blueberry muffin and scones that I had were not up to par with the store products. And for the price ($6.50) for a cup of coffee and muffin, I expected a lot more.