“Delicious boiled lobster, lousy lobster pie.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fishermen's Dock

Fishermen's Dock
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To our valued customers: Our goal at Fishermen's Dock is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for everyone concerned. We take pride in serving the freshest quality foods available. It is never our intention to be a fast food operation. Good food takes time to be properly prepared. During our busiest hours we will give our best effort to ensure selections are delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience. Comments, good or bad, are always welcome.
Ayer, Massachusetts
“Delicious boiled lobster, lousy lobster pie.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I checked the reviews on here and decided to give the place a try. My husband and I decided on chowder & lobster pie. When I went to order the seafood chowder the man behind the counter said that it hadn't come in so they didn't have any. That right there was a red flag that they didn't make it onsite and it was not going to be homemade. So I ended up ordering the clam chowder & my husband got the lobster stew. He said it had nice big chunks of lobster in it. My chowder was thick and creamy, but did not taste homemade. While waiting for the pies I checked out the frozen case on the other side of the restaurant and saw the lobster pies for sale in there. They had a sticker on them with a different company name. Another red flag. When the lobster pies arrived I knew I had made a mistake. They were good sized, but the lobster was swimming in what appeared to be the lobster stew broth. It was incredibly bland and consisted mostly of tiny pieces of lobster and larger pieces of the flabby flipper. I was really disappointed. We also got onion rings and a small order of fried clams since the only thing that came with the pie was cole slaw and a roll (which we didn't get). The fried clams were really good as were the onion rings. I decided to order a boiled lobster to take home since I wasn't going to eat the lobster pie. The lobster was awesome. Sweet, cooked perfectly...probably the best lobster I've ever had. He even cracked it for me since I didn't have crackers back at the hotel. So in the end I guess it worked out as I wound up having some of the best lobster ever.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Jennifer G

“fishermans dock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

just dropped by for lunch today . cup of clam chowder, nice and hot .just what I needed on a cold winters day. I also had a clam roll it was deeeeeeeelicious. nicely fried, lots of clams and hot buttered hot dog roll. good food and good value and it looks like they will be open all year

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank met431
Dillon, Colorado
“Wicked good lobstah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Found this place on TA and was not disappointed! It's essentially a seafood store/shack with about eight to ten tables inside and a few picnic tables outside. Since it was getting dark and chilly outside, we decided to eat indoors. It was very clean inside and didn't even smell like fish. Ordered the three 1 pound lobster special for $19.99, what a great deal. They are steamed and come with an ear of corn. Plenty of food for one person. They were fresh and succulent! My mom had a house salad with a piece of grilled salmon, she said it was very good. The staff was exceptionally friendly and it seemed like a lot of locals were coming in to get their fresh seafood for dinner. Definitely the best value and most friendly staff of any place we ate at on this trip to Maine.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank kukla78
CALIFORNIA
“Fantastic Seafood at Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Our first night in Maine we had to have lobster. You can't beat the three 1 lb lobsters for $19.99. They tasted fantastic and even though only 1 corn on the cob came with the meal, it was very filling. The only problem with this place is the flies because they leave the door open. But, I guess that is part of the charm.

Visited October 2013
“OH MY LOBSTER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We looked this place up on Yelp in Denver, CO because we were going to Boston and wanted to drive up the coast of Maine and eat lobster. This was a trip my daughter and I planned when she was little and it happened last weekend. We had lobster in Maine and we were not disappointed. We ordered the 3 lobster special and onion rings to start. The plate of onion rings was huge and the lobster cooked to perfection. The owner ended up giving us another ear of corn and another lobster just because we came all the way to eat at his place. WOW talk about customer service. Very friendly staff and owner just a great place to eat and have conversation. Several quests that were staying in the area made a point to tell the staff that they would be back every chance they got while they were in the area. Also they serve real butter with the lobster not that oil crap. So put on your bib and have a feast you will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013