“Fresh, innovative, tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gigi's - CLOSED

Gigi's
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: For many of us at GiGi's, our love of food started with our grandparents. A trip to gradma's always meant a roast in the oven and warm cookies and pies for dessert! Throughout our respective restaurant careers, Italian food and drink has inspired us immensely. Gigi is a name used for grandma in Italian. We found it very fitting that this restaurant, the culmination of our love for Italian food and drink, be named for our grandmothers.
Annapolis, MD
“Fresh, innovative, tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

A pizza we shared as an appetizer was scrumptious. My scallops and black fish special was delicious. My wife liked her linguine with clams but said it could have used more clams. Our friends had chicken parmigiana and, to judge by their empty plates, enjoyed it thoroughly. The wine list was long on Italian wines you don't see everywhere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

kansas
“Great spot in York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

What a delightful place to while away a beautiful summer's eve! We sat on the comfortable porch for drinks and dinner, with a view of the ocean and bustle in the streets below. The service was excellent and the delicious food was carefully prepared and presented. Though the menu is not extensive, there was enough variety to please any palate. A most enjoyable night....we will be back!

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will make this a must stop for every York vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My family visits York each summer as a party of 10, my husband and I chose to go to Gigi's one night as a date and leave the kids with the grandparents. We were impressed from the moment we walked through the door. We were greater by two men who we later learned were the owners. They were friendly and fun and conversation was easy.

The menu was interesting and we found several exciting options. I had the fresh corn and beet tortoloni to start, it was so amazing that I'm still thinking of it! My husband started with the lobster gnocchi which he said was probably the best thing he had ever tasted (and he's tough to impress) the entrees were just as wonderful especially the veal chop. I had to order dessert when I saw other tables with brown bags of fresh made hot donuts and chocolate dipping sauce, amazing!

The servers were incredibly friendly and attentive.

We enjoyed the outdoor deck
even on a rainy night. The heaters from above made for a pleasant temperature even though it was chilly outside. The design of the restaurant was modern and chic but not stuffy.

I hope this new restaurant achieves major success because we look forward to making an annual date night to Gigi's during our York trips!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
York, Maine, United States
“I wish I could say more...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I do wish I could say we enjoyed our meal at Gigi's but it was barely OK... We met a group of friends for a great meal and everyone felt that the food was fair, overpriced, and not great quality. We waited a very long time for our food to arrive and were disappointed with most of the dishes.

I want this restaurant to survive but I do think the owners need to make some changes to the menu, offering better choices and adjusting the prices for what they offer. They should also consider offering great bread with olive oil to their quests as they wait for their food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cape Neddick, Maine
“A taste sensation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently went to Gigi's and was delighted with what I found. We sampled several appetizers: the Gnocchi was amazing, the garlic bread fantastic and the ravioli was superb. For the main course, I had a halibut special which was perfectly seasoned over a bed of delicious spinach greens. My son had a veal with prosciutto dish which he thought was excellent. For dessert, he had a chocolate torte which was scrumptiously drizzled with caramel and topped with real whipped cream. I took a bite and heartily agreed. The waitstaff were very friendly and attentive. We sat on the deck overlooking the beach town which was fun late on a summer evening. The only negative was the fire siren went off midway through our meal and it was loud. But only lasted 2 minutes or so. All in all, a wonderful experience.