“Gigi's no Fazio's”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: For many of us at GiGi's, our love of food started with our grandparents. A trip to gradma's always meant a roast in the oven and warm cookies and pies for dessert! Throughout our respective restaurant careers, Italian food and drink has inspired us immensely. Gigi is a name used for grandma in Italian. We found it very fitting that this restaurant, the culmination of our love for Italian food and drink, be named for our grandmothers.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been to Gigi's twice since it has opened - I agree with KatieNH - the veal (???) saltimbocca was tough, overcooked and not sure it was veal. Second visit I had the pasta marinara and the gravy was OK (a bit too sweet) as well as the pasta - both visits lacked good ITALIAN BREAD. Service was OK -
The ambiance is not Italian - very noisy acoustics. If I wanted a real italian meal, I'd go elsewhere - but for the beach crowd it'll do - not a destination restaurant - I so miss Fazio's!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I went to gigi' s last night, it is new restaurant in york beach, i was surprised by modern beautiful look. The menu looked very good i couldnt decide what to order. The problem arise when the food came. Ceasar salad was laying on bad of saugy romaine leaves.... Why to put whole leaves of the same lettuce onthe bottom i dont know. The entres were dispapointing as well . Te beef tenderloin was undercooked and was served with hard ro identify side, we couldnt even tell what we are eating from the look of it, there were peas in it which were undercooked. How can u undercook peas i dont know. This place has amazing look but the owner needs to change the chef!

4  Thank TheBfam
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's good to have another alternative to fried haddock and lobster roll at Short Sands beach. Gigis offers more upscale-ish entrees but still retains a casual, laid-back atmosphere you want after a day at the beach. I wouldn't necessarily describe the food as typical "Italian" but they do a great Lobster Fra Diavolo. There's also Osso Buco, Saltimbocca and regular pasta dishes amongst the selection of steaks, seafood and so on. Both times I've been we had the delicious salted chocolate gelato for dessert. They have some interesting cocktails on the menu but we always get rose wine, which is reasonably priced. The service has always been great: attentive, professional but friendly and relaxed. I would recommend dinner here to anybody.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on a summery Saturday night. We were able to sit outside on the porch which was wonderful, and the best thing about this place. It's a good thing we liked sitting out there, as our dinner lasted for TWO hours!!

After looking through the non-exciting menu here is my review of the food.

For an appetizer, we had the mussels which were delicious, but the bread to dip in the sauce was sub par.

I ordered the Veal Saltimbocca which came with polenta. The flavor was ok, but the cut of veal was horrible. The polenta was delicious.

My mom ordered spaghetti with white wine and clam sauce. There were about 4 clams and the flavor was just ok. Nothing special at all.

My 5 year old son ordered a plain cheese pizza which was delicious!

The whole experience was disappointing! We sat at 6:30 and didn't leave until 8:30! The food took forever and with a 5 year old, that's not easy. My advice if you want to try this place - stick to the pizza and mussels!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had an excellent meal out on the porch at Gigi's over in York, Maine. While our original reservations called for the air-condition interior, we switched to outdoor dining as a cool breeze and rain had cleared the muggy July air. This enabled us to catch a view of a rainbow out over the water. We add house-made Ricotta appetizer, meatball pizzas and pasta Bolognese- all fresh and tasty. The tuna wrapped in prosciutto with risotto also hit the spot. For dessert, the warm chocolate torte with whipped cream and caramel was amazing. We had a very helpful server who was there when we needed help. All the food was absolutely delicious and we had enough to bring home for our lunch tomorrow. We will return.

1  Thank Quakerfarm