“Don't just drive by, STOP!”

Wild Willy's Burgersj
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in York
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the York area of Maine for over 6 years and have driven by Wild Willy’s Burgers many times. I have always wanted to stop and check it out, but never said anything. I am sorry I didn’t. This past week we were in the area again and my husband, who also had wanted to stop in, suggested it and we had the best burger ever. It’s an order at the counter type of place with a large assortment of named burgers, each with its own toppings. There were chicken items on the menu as well, but I did not get the details because I was more interested in the burger. I could also recommend the fires tossed with olive oil garlic and rosemary. Prices are very reasonable and the owner and staff were all terrific, even suggesting those wonderful fries. We will not just drive by any longer.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We noticed on Trip Advisor that Wild Willy's was ranked fairly high on the list of "best restaurants" in York, ME. So we decided to give it a whirl. We ended up eating there two nights in a row. My wife had the regular burger (Chipolte) and I had the grilled chicken (Gabby) sandwich with fries and root beer. The atmosphere is rustic and decorated in Western style, complete with colorfully painted walls. Very quaint setting inside this restaurant. Food was superb. You order at the counter, and they bring your food to you, so no need to go through the whole waitress thing, also saves tipping cost. Friendly, competent staff and very good grill chefs. All in all, one of the best places we saw during our week-long stay in the area.

1  Thank SailorBoy55
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visited the Cape Neddick (Nubble) Lighthouse and stopped here for lunch. Wonderfully colorful place. They were busy but we only had a short wait for a table. we split our order between chicken and burgers. They were all fresh and hot and delicious. The herb french fries were fresh and flavorful.

1  Thank Woodstock_n_Snoopy
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very, very good burgers! Mine was with Thousand Island Dressing and my finacee had a Blue Cheese Burger. Fries were also very good and it was set in a very cool atmosphere.

1  Thank JayWatt
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stop here for excellent burgers grilled however you want them and topped with just about anything you can think of. The Wild Willy burger topped with two cheeses, grilled onions, and mushrooms is terrific. The chili is also very good and the sweet potato fries are amazing. The service is fast and friendly. You can tell these folks really care about their customers. A must when you just gotta have a burger in York!

2  Thank DuffyNC