“We Love this Bakery!”

Rossi's Italian Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in York
Description: Real Italian bakery 35 years in the North End of Boston January to mid February hours Friday 11-7 Saturday and Sunday 10-6 call to see if we have your speciality !
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've been coming to York Beach for a long time now, and I started working this spring in the same building as this new bakery. My family and I love their treats, but our favorite of all is their whoopee pies. Our family loves Whoopee pies, and we've had some really good ones but I have to say these are the best we've had. The cake part is so moist but it doesn't get all over your fingers, and the filling is so creamy it's perfect. We bought an extra large one in lieu of a cake for my husband this past Father's Day and it was a big hit! Their pizza is also wicked good and VERY reasonably priced - it's one of our favorite lunches when on break from work, and honestly you cant find a less expensive lunch option in an area like this. Definitely a great new addition to a beach area I've always loved!

1  Thank Kathy C
ogtguy1988, Manager at Rossi's Italian Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you Mwc! Yes you betcha we have to best whoopies around! Thanks for you continued support! :)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I couldn't agree more with the review from bostonfoodsnob. I first stopped in before they were closing at night and they said everything was made fresh and all the daily leftover food was donated to shelters / police station etc. However this was not the case the next morning all still the same. I would love more upscale shops at my favorite vacation spot - there's still time to get this place right!

2  Thank JTofAshland
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I like the pastries, they are genuine Italian. But I have a few gripes

1. Your not supposed to fill the Cannoli's until you sell them. The shell is supposed to be crispy, not soggy.
2. Real bakeries open at 6 or 7 am, especially on weekends or holidays. Rossi's opens at 9 am.
3. The French bread is Supermarket quality, not Italian bakery quality. So your paying $4.50 Hannafords/Market Basket quality bread?

I'm dissapointed, I thought this place was going to be the real deal but its just another pretender.

2  Thank WishILivedinKiawah
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We try to eat healthy food - we really do. So, bakeries need to be managed with great caution. We were strong during our first few visits which consisted of purchases of outstanding loaves of bread. But then, there were the raisin scones - you know, company for breakfast. Oh, and the turamisu for a special desert. Then the key lime tarts. Did I mention the small lemon meringues? Or the cannoli that we forgot to put out that I ate for breakfast the next day. Catch my drift? As I sit here in my Rossi's T-shirt writing this review, mouth watering and guilt rising, I can only suggest you go into this amazing bakery with a limited budget - leave your wallet at home and only take in a ten-spot, for example. As a local, I suppose I should be happy that Rossi's has come to town......just give me strength!

3  Thank pcyork
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped in last night after dinner upstairs. Wow! What a great selection of deliciousness. Between four of us, we selected a variety of their Italian desserts, and each one was better than the last. My favorite was the cannoli, with a crispy shell and a creamy but not-too sweet filling (perfect). Another in our party thought the "lobster tail" took top prize, with a flaky pastry and luscious filling - again, perfect. The lemon tarts and the lime tarts - usually my first choices! - were top prizes for the other two in our party. Yuuummm.

The service was delightful! This is exactly what you want anywhere, but especially in a vacation area. It's so refreshing to have service with smiles and enthusiasm.

We're looking forward to going back over the weekend and through the summer. Can't wait to try the pizza, the bread, and to continue our tasting cruise through the bakery items ...

1  Thank sscgirl