“Surprisingly very good”

Ranked #35 of 111 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Ruby's has four distinct areas to enjoy. Our dining area has a great view of our cooks hand making our brick oven pizzas. Our indoor pub has a relaxed atmosphere with large, comfortable chairs. Our enclosed patio area is a great option for those seeking outdoor seating when the weather is nice. Our enclosed "deck" has 11 high-def widescreen tv's with the NFL ticket as well as games for the kids. We also feature 14 beers on tap, and full wine & liquor service.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Service was great. A little shocking to have the cooks yell for the waitress when their orders are up, but once you know this happens, you get used to it. If you startle easy, sit at the tables in the bar area. The waitress, who was in training as bartender also, made a fantastic cosmo! The chicken tenders as appetizers were very good. LOVE the sauce they come with. The bison burger was phenomal!! Perfectly cooked and a very good mixture of different toppings resulting in NOOOOO need to add anything to the burger at all. Don't mess with perfection! The mac and cheese was the best my husband said he has ever had. Ample portion! Needed to take food home as we were filled up with the portions supplied. Looking forward to going back to try something else!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I really cant believe how bad a BLT sandwich could get. Lets start with the pile of over cooked straight out of the fry basket, almost burnt and so crispy and curled I knew right away I was in trouble. You know the old saying about salty cured meats, poor quality, the saltiest bacon I have ever tasted. Horrible sandwich, the most pathetic side salad to add insult and lets talk about the nice people at the bar. No shortage of sea hags dropping f bombs across the bar, not the owners fault but just saying. In my life that is the worst BLT EVER!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great BBQ with huge portions. staff was great we got the pick two bbq item meal expecting small portions of the two items we picked but had enough left over for 2 other meals. Ribs are fall off the bone good, pulled pork also tasty, and the wings were huge.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stopped there Thursday night for a lobster roll for my wife's birthday. They only serve lobster rolls on the weekend. We were seated nest to an open window which kept blowing on my wife's hair. We switched seats. My wife ordered haddock which was ok but her potatoes were not warm. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich which they claimed was slow cooked. There was no flavor and the bottom part of the roll was so soggy that it couldn't be eaten. The service was slow. The food not appetizing and the atmosphere poor. Ruby's is not a good place to eat. Go elsewhere. There are many other good restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped off on the way from Boston to Portland, and stumbled upon Ruby's. well worth coming off the interstate a few minutes further.
The portions were huge and delicious. The best fried chicken I have had outside Tennessee , and friendly welcoming service.