“Good Breakfast Place”

Ranked #64 of 109 Restaurants in York
Maine
“Good Breakfast Place”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I always have a satisfying breakfast sandwich of egg, bacon and cheese on a bagel. They use the good-tasting white cheddar. I also get coffee and something sweet. Today's sweet was a brownie, which was so moist and delicious. It's the place to go for breakfast.

• Visited October 2012

“Irish scramble is great”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The irish scramble is corned beef, potatoes and onions in a wrap. Delicious. We always get them when in that part of York. Coffee good, service good, clean restroom as well

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We love the Roast and Crumb!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place is the best breakfast place and we always try to visit it while in town. This time we went for a quick breakfast and back for lunch to spend a little more time. Everything was fresh and delicious. John is a wonderful host and a great cook! We'll be back for sure! It seems that only the locals know about how good this place is as everyone who came in was spoken to by name!

I brought my mom and her friend for lunch after having a bad experience at another restaurant the night before. We all loved the quiet and friendly atmosphere and everyone had a great meal.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Diana N
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“slow and stale”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Went here twice this month...both times I ordered the same thing, I try to give every place a chance to make up for a bad experience. I ordered a regular bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese....shouldn't be too difficult to mess up. I also ordered a regular coffee, nothing fancy. Both times there was only one person ahead of me in line, and it took 10 minutes to toast and put cream cheese on my bagel. The toasted bagel has been so hard both times it has hurt my mouth (I am not old and do not have sensitive gums).
Coffee was very average. I'm glad the prices are reasonable, though, I would have been much more angry if I had wasted more money on a yucky breakfast.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Divinity22
Wells, Maine
“DELICIOUS foods at Roast & Crumb”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We were greeted by a very personable young lady who was extremely helpful explaining the menu which is written on the wall. The atmosphere is very cozy with soft radio tunes playing. I had the hot turkey & stuffing sandwich with cranberry sauce & mayo served on homemade baked whole grain bread....DELICIOUS! My better half had the breakfast sandwich on a bagel with sausage... another great choice. We finished our meal with the most incredible homemade eclair. Our first experience at this little restaurant was FABULOUS.

• Visited February 2011