“Kind of Expensive”

York, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kind of Expensive”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It's been a while since I've been to Ricks... So I was surprised when my breakfast cost $15. I ordered eggs over, hash browns, hash, toast and coffee. In the past the cost for this was less than $10 -- maybe with the new ownership or the fact it is tourist season, prices have gone up.

Even though it wasn't crowded, the service wasn't as good as in the past. Had to ask for silverware and jam for toast, also didn't get offered a second cup of coffee.

Good breakfast, just not good value and service mediocre.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BertX

Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real Maine experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I hear Rick's has been a tradition for many, but I only started coming here this year. The atmosphere is so friendly and laid-back that I feel comfortable sitting to read for hours. The new owner puts out an interesting set of specials every day. Smores French Toast?

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank kikicarson
Crapaud
“Downhome charm great food, great value..our favorite”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have been going to Ricks for 30 years whenever we visit York. Rick's is one of the reason's we enjoy visiting the area. It is primarily a breakfast spot, great for people watching. Definitely makes you feel like you are in New England! Our favorite is the grilled banana nut muffins. Also the blueberry pancakes and the eggs benny. Saw the review on the rude staff, and can understand how this may happen. Many of the servers have been there a while and treat customers with a certain edge that some may not enjoy. For us its always been part of the charm. Warning don't forget your cash since they don't take cards.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank seymorepe
Barrie, Canada
“love it”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We are from Ontario Canada and have been vacationing in York for 45 years on and off. My grandparents, my parents and my kids have all eaten here and have never had a bad experience. Our vacation is not complete until we eat breakfast at Ricks at least once in our stay

• Visited August 2010
Maine
“Great food, Great value”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I've been eating at Rick's for years. I still think they offer one of the best clam rolls around, and my friends love the fish chowder. Great place to have breakfast or lunch - I just wish they were open more nights for dinner as well!