“Best of the best.”
Review of Lobster Cove

Lobster Cove
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Offers a Maine dining experience while overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. Our family priced menu includes traditional Maine seafood, along with chicken and beef choice which can be enjoyed with your favorite cocktail. Come relax and enjoy the freindly service and tranquil scenery.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I stumbled upon this place by chance on vacation last summer.. Our plan was to hit all of the nearby restaurants that had been mentioned on various food network shows.. We went here because it was close to where we were staying, and didn't expect the food to be as good as it was.. after spending time touring the "famous" restaurants nearby, we decided our last meal in Maine would be here.. We'll be back again this year.. no doubt.

On a side note, the clam chowder is the best I've ever had anywhere.

1  Thank papadurivage

Reviewed February 27, 2013

If I could give it more than 5 I would.
We had lunch at Lobster Cove yesterday. It was absolutely fantatstic, probably one of the best meals I have had. The Chowder was excellent and the fish/shrimp we had was very well cooked, my wife commenting on the light, crisp batter. All was aided by a good selection of draft ales. The staff were friendly and informative. As someone else has commented, it is surprising to find a restaurant of this quality open at this time of year. The prices are very reasonable.
The view from upstairs was incredible, helped by the clear sunlight across the ocean. We will be going back again. Don't all rush at once.
If you are in the area have a meal here. You will not be disappaointed.
Disclaimer - We have no connection with the restaurant except as satisfied guests.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

As long time York Beach visiters, we consistently eat breakfast at Lobster Cove. As others have written, the staff is friendly and service is quick, but you are welcome to linger over coffee while looking at the ocean across the street.
Lunch is also good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good food....wonderful lobster. Great views right across from the beach. Very friendly staff......can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were surprised to find something even open for business up here off season. The restaurant is apparently open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The inside was painted blue & cozy with a lit fireplace and many windows to view the ocean. Gail, our waitress was friendly & attentive! Our food was perfect and my fruity French Toast was excellent! Prices were reasonable and I think we had the entire place to ourselves. I can't wait to go back to try their seafood at another time!

Been to Lobster Cove? Share your experiences!