“April 19th Visit”
Review of Lobster Cove

Lobster Cove
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Offers a Maine dining experience while overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. Our family priced menu includes traditional Maine seafood, along with chicken and beef choice which can be enjoyed with your favorite cocktail. Come relax and enjoy the freindly service and tranquil scenery.
N. Andover
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“April 19th Visit”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a nice visit to the Lobster Cove -I just wish it were still daylight when we arrived! Food was good but a bit pricey but I guess we were paying for the view. My husband was disappointed in his lobster roll -needed less mayo and more celery & onion. My clams were very good. Our server was very friendly and accommodating -we arrived shortly before closing. Would definietly go back...during the day!

• Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Jersey
“Loberter with a view”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were on a weekend trip to NH and realized that Maine and s loberter dinner was only few minutes away. We chose the Loberter cove for the view and a Loberter dinner. We had a great dinner. Clam chowder and the twin Lobester dinner. The food was great and the service excellent. I would happily recommend this restaurant.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Overall!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

When I visit Maine I usually stay at the Sunrise Motel and with their stay they give us breakfast vouchers for the Lobster Cove. This breakfast covers my 2 eggs, homefries, toast, & a drink! Which with the portion they give you at the Lobster Cove is enough to feed two people =) My weakness is for pancakes and I always order a side of them. Not only are they delicious but the portion size is as big as a plate! I've eaten lunch or dinner there as well, and again its the same thing; huge portions. The prices are very reasonable; especially since your in Maine, on the ocean, & other places will charge you and arm&leg for seafood! I highly recommend that if your visiting Maine you grab a bite to eat at the Lobster Cove!!

Visited February 2012
Malden, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“overly priced Kraft Macaroni and cheese”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

felt like this was just a big tourist trap and there is no reason for it. great location on Long Sands but my tongue had a coat of grease until I brushed my teeth before bed.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Janelle T
Massachusetts
“Excellent lobster! Excellent service!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stopped at Lobster Cove for dinner without knowing anything about the restaurant. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot on a weeknight, so we thought that was a good sign.

We were greeted and seated promptly, and our server, Betsy, was very friendly and attentive. She was so busy, yet always right there to check on us, or get us anything we needed. She was very efficient, and hard-working, and still able to make all of her customers feel special.

The lobster was delicious! There was a twin lobster special. Two 1-lb lobsters with choice of potato and a vegetable for 21.99. The lobsters were so sweet, and seemed bigger than 1 lb each.

The Lobster Pie was also delicious. A huge amount of lobster meat in a casserole with lobster bisque sauce and cracker topping. That also came with choice of potato and a vegetable.

We were tempted to order appetizers, but wanted to save room for our dinners, so we'll return another time. We made the right decision, since we were so full after eating our meals. Good portion size.

The meals arrived very quickly and were steaming hot. Excellent service. We will definitely return again!

1 Thank jajtrip

Been to Lobster Cove? Share your experiences!