Lobster Barn
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went there the other night with family. Good food and prices. My teenage girls do not eat a lot so the waitress recommended they order off the children's menu which was great. Big portions so there was plenty of food to go around. Ordered the clam chowder. It is not a thick one like you sometimes find. Was looking for lobster bisque, but was not on the menu. Nice place.would go back anytime.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been here before, once for a class reunion, and then again for supper at the bar with my adult son, but we swung by the other evening for a quick drink and a sandwich after work. The bar area outside is open rain or shine, but even with a pretty significant downpour stays fairly dry and comfortable. Drinks are standard fare...beers-a-plenty, and tall drinks only...no fancy girly drinks like martinis (they'll mix you one, but you get it in a soda glass....). The bartenders are prompt, if not particularly friendly, unless you're a single guy--my only negative vibe. Sandwiches are take-out style, so you go up and order and they call your number. It did take awhile, though. Hubs got the blue cheese burger, which he deemed 'a bit gristly', and I had the chicken caesar wrap. He had a draft and I had a diet coke. Both came with a medium sized order of fries, which were hot and crisp. My wrap was BIG. I could only eat half. The total bill with tip came to just under $30.00.
Parking is plentiful and convenient, as is the Route 1 location. Would be a great spot for after beach drinks and dinner.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a treat! We went to York to go camping and was referred by the locals to check this place out. Could not be happier with our experience. Live music, boccie courts, horse shoes, awesome bartenders, great food!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had an awesome time at the rough. They had a band, fire pits, bocce, horseshoes, and even tvs so u can see the game. Good food and drinks reasonable prices. Great place to hang out outdoors.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Two couples went on a Saturday night, and although it was crowded, we were comfortably seated within ten minutes. While leisurely sipping our drinks, our server, Noelle, was able to recommend the special, turkey kabobs, prime rib tips, and their fresh, gluten-free baked haddock with lemon or butter. Salad is family style and endless. All dressings and breads are home made. It was a lovely night at a place where you can get a sandwich, a lobster, or a soup-to-nuts meal. Did I mention the desserts . . . . . we've been going there for so long that we forget to tell others how nice it is!