“Impression of 3 Buoys Restaurant, York, Maine”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille - CLOSED

3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham, New Hampshire
“Impression of 3 Buoys Restaurant, York, Maine”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have eaten there several times and to be quite honest, the consisity of the quality of the food is lacking. The first few times I had a meal there it was great and since then the quality has been average to Good. Having spent my entire career within the Food Service Industry I would not recommend this Restaurant as being one I would recommend my friends to go to. Apparently there is a turnover of prep personnel in the kitchen, resulting in inconsistent quality being offered.

• Visited February 2013

Portland, Maine
“I love 3 Buoys in Portland, Maine”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This restaurant opened about 2 months ago, and is now our favorite place for seafood. The portions are large and all of the chowders / soups are exceptional. The menu is extensive, but I'm partial to the swordfish Cuban sandwich and the scallop poboy (which I order on the Cuban bread). The fish tacos come with your choice of fish, and grilled swordfish was the tastiest - but you can mix and match, as an order has 4 tacos. The fish and chips and fried fish sandwich are also delicious - and plentiful. Bill Park, owner and chef extraordinaire, is very welcoming and always willing to accommodate my special requests. The restaurant is clean and comfortable with a casual / social atmosphere - and the service has been consistently good. It's also a great place for breakfast (the coffee is good) and last weekend, I enjoyed the smoked salmon benedict special. I'm already thinking about my next meal there...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LuckyLobsters
MA
“YummY”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Best Fried Clams, Hand cut Fries and Chowder in the area!!!!!!! A MUST stop when you are in Maine! This place has great food and excellent service!

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
“how did they get a lisence to sell food??!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was on the road and starving and saw this little shack and decided to give it a tr y, service was great the food I wouldn't give to my dog!! I ordered my fave whole belly clams and fries. I was so excited when I saw it heading my way from the kitchen, I rolled up my sleeves in anticapation of extreme joy until my first bite, I thought I was deaming it tasted like fried clams dipped in shortening fries were the same, there was an aaroma coming off the clams that was reminescent of a rotten bait barrel!!!! I politely waved my hand to my server and said I can't possibly eat this because it tasted and smelled like sewage, she then quietely informed they stored their fries and seafood on the back porch of restaraunt!!! I was horrified and stated I was not paying, the server told the owner who was working about my foood and he then started screaming at her like she did something wrong!!!! What a nightmare!!! The place should be burned and the owners should be required to wear a type of scarlet letter on their clothing!!!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank chrish1974
“It was the worst I have ever had”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to the new location in Portland. I bought 3 crabmeat rolls and was told that the crabmeat was fresh. I took the food home and I have never had such bad crabmeat! Definitely not fresh! I called the owner and complained . He told me that he had a problem with his cooler the night before and the crabmeat was frozen by mistake. I told him it was terrible and we couldn't eat it and it tasted like bad canned crabmeat. He apologized but did not offer to give me a refund . I guess it didn't matter that he served us such terrible food. We will not return and do not recommend

2 Thank Lizcat24